Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what causes the SLIP light to stick on? Sometimes it will turn on for the entire drive, and then the next time I get in it's back off again.

ABS light is not on, brake fluid levels are good, there is no CEL.

Truck is a 2005.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
Check if you have an Alex leak ... Happen to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay guys had the slip light on took to dealership and they said it was a brake switch which was replaced and recommended to change brake fluid bc it was dark. Light didn't come on for a day an half and came back on tonight. Will changing brake solve the issue or is it just a bs recommendation

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Okay guys had the slip light on took to dealership and they said it was a brake switch which was replaced and recommended to change brake fluid bc it was dark. Light didn't come on for a day an half and came back on tonight. Will changing brake solve the issue or is it just a bs recommendation
Changing brake fluid is a good practice item, especially if you plan to keep the truck. There are 2 pressure switches on the master cylinder that appear to be responsible for most of the complaints about the slip light. Changing the fluid won't turn off the light.
Take it back, because what you PSID for didn't fix it.

Reactions: Pickle-Smooch

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Read thread 3 posts up.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Check if you have an Alex leak ... Happen to me.
I do have some axle seal leaks, I stopped bothering with fixing them since they just come back. They are minor leaks, and are not constantly leaking. If this is the problem I guess I should just ignore the slip light.

dealership wants to replace my entire axle again, but I can't afford to keep doing that, might as well just wait till it breaks if that is the only permanent fix IMO. I'm surprised that there was never a class action against the titan's rear axle failures.

How do I pull the DTC off the ABS module? what is a DTC?

I'm going to guess it might be my right rear sensor, since the cable tends to smack against my stillen exhaust ever since they installed it 9 years ago and has probably melted through the cable. No idea how to replace that cable, I think I have a spare somewhere, but it sounded like a huge project, and I'm sure it would just continue to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know what causes the SLIP light to stick on? Sometimes it will turn on for the entire drive, and then the next time I get in it's back off again.

ABS light is not on, brake fluid levels are good, there is no CEL.

Truck is a 2005.
I added brake fluid but didn’t think it really needed it after slip light came on. Drove truck few miles each way. Came home put in park and turned truck off. Then I turn ignition on and off rapidly 6x and on 6th one light goes out.

this has worked twice for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts