Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the clock spring in my 2006 Nissan Titan LE. It fixed all my steering wheel controls and horn. But now when I'm driving it. The slip light comes on when turning to the left and right and it sounds like the brake on one of the wheels is trying to engage. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I loan had my spiral cable replaced and air bag assembly module recommended by dealer. Long story short I took it to another Mechanic and had to bring it back to the dealer to have the slip VDC light reset because the mechanic I went to couldn’t . I have no ABS light on so if you do I s not the sameness issue . I ended up paying more than what the dealer quoted taking it to a mechanic that can’t reset the light so don’t try going around them. Cost me $175 which the dealer said would’ve been done as procedure when clock spring was replaced to begin with. With electrical problems like this I learned my lesson. Don’t take it to small shops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, But I have another question. Do you think I wound the clockspring wrong and should I try to rewind it? I'm thinking about putting the old one back on and see if that corrects that problem but I'm sure my other problems will return. What do you think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for your reply, But I have another question. Do you think I wound the clockspring wrong and should I try to rewind it? I'm thinking about putting the old one back on and see if that corrects that problem but I'm sure my other problems will return. What do you think?
There’s 2 a video on YouTube on how to replace it . All the way to the left counter clock wise . Then two and half furs clock wise to center from what I saw . After mine was replaced the mechanic had to make a small adjustment because my horn would honk after I moved the tilt on the steering wheel . How did you reset the VDC without taking it to dealer because that’s what I had to do. I would not put that old clock spring “Spiral cabl” back either way it’s old and probably going to fail. Mine failed after 13 years .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts