Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am probably the only Titan owner in America this happening to. When the roads are slippery, my Titan will suddenly make a horrible bang noise. Totally random. It's like a run over something. You can feel it throughout the entire drive train. Only in winter on slippery roads. Otherwise this truck runs perfect. The dealers are worthless. I can't replicate unless under certain conditions. I would love to hear troubleshooting help. My buddy is 25 year mechanic who has been in my truck a number of times when this occurs and can't figure in out. Replaced rear diff with tru trac. Nothing. Replaced wheel sensors nothing. Is it in the tranny? Some special sense that can be replaced? Help Titan nation.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
In 4x4, 2wd or both?

The only thing I can think of is if you're in 4x4 and the drive train binds from turning and "pops". I've heard a "pop" or "bang" while doing a 3 point turning around in dirt while in 4x4.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Axel wrap????

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I used to get that feeling in my f350.. ended up being the rear shock Ubolts to the axle were loose causing the rear wheels to ''hop' feeling like axel wrap. maybe crawl under and check everything is in place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In 4x4, 2wd or both?

The only thing I can think of is if you're in 4x4 and the drive train binds from turning and "pops". I've heard a "pop" or "bang" while doing a 3 point turning around in dirt while in 4x4.
Doesn't matter if I am in 4x4 or not. Just slippery roads. Usually 30-60mph.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LSD engaging? (not sure if you have one but my gf's subaru makes a bang when the rear spins and engages)
It did this before I installed the tru trac.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Axle wrap is interesting how would this happen just driving down the road trying not spin the tires? How do I check? Could a broken tranny mount cause this problem?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
It could be your tranny mount, but thats usually only when you are on the gas, like from a dead stop, with lots of traction. Its easy to check for though, take a look and see if the rubber that connects the brackets is torn. Might need to remove a skid plate to see it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts