Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which type of rotors are better? slotted, drilled, or both? and what companies make the best rotors and pads? im the second owner of my truck, im at 30,000 not sure if the guy before me did his brakes, but ive had it for 10,000 miles and i havent done anything to them so im thinking it might be time. any opinions?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Typically drilled rotors can create "weak" spots if the engaged area is heated and cooled at dramatic rates, but that is mostly in race applications. Thats why there arent too many full drilled race compound (car) rotors that are fully drilled, because they crack due to the exessive heating and cooling. Slotted rotos have the benifits of remining solid all the way through, but still having an ability to cool. Once again this depends on how you plan on driving the vehicle and what compound or specific rotor you go with

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Drilled rotors generally will have better bite for quick braking, but not as good fade resistance as a slotted rotor. Slotted rotors are harder on your brake pads causing them to wear a bit quicker. If I were to do it again, I would go with a bigger brake kit with a solid rotor. I didn't like the drilled rotor on my GMC. Bite was great, but braking downhill with the boat behind was like having wet brakes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hopefully I won't need any for awhile but on my 99 Jeep I bought some powerslot and I thought they were pretty good rotors. Just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts