Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm about to order frozen rotors (most likely) on all 4 corners this week and was hoping you could help me make a decision. The difference between a set of slotted rotors and a set of non slotted rotors through frozen rotors is about $200. Is paying this $200 worth it? If I go with the non-slotted rotors will I be kicking myself in the butt later wishing I got the slotted? I have an 08 titan so already the breaks are decent. I will get Hawk LTS pads which I am told is what makes the difference in the braking, not the rotors. I can't seem to pull the trigger on the slotted rotors just yet cause we're talking close to $900 when I know the non-slotted rotors is all that were offered for a long time and are excellent rotors by themselves without the slots. Please help me out making this decision. I don't offroad, mainly highway and heavy traffic driving. Thanks.

Also I have 70k miles on the stock brakes and rotors. What's the record???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Living in the "WET" Coast, I ordered FR's Slotted, as I drive all winter in the rain.

So the answer to your question could be a simple as how much time you plan on driving in the rain. If you drive a lot in the rain, get the slotted rotors. If you live in Phoenix, then perhaps the Non-Slotted will be good enough.

Hope this helps.

Rick

PS the FR Slotted rotors and hawk pad would be on the truck by now if the CDN Postal Service was not out on strike. :bangit:

Reactions: frozenrotors
1 - 3 of 3 Posts