Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks from now I’ll have my daughter for the weekend. She just turned 16 and got her license.

I’ve taken her to the drag strip on test and tune nights to watch and she really enjoys it. I think the weekend I have her I’m gonna let her run the truck!

It’s fast enough it’ll be a blast for her, but slow enough she’s not likely to get into trouble. And I’ve had her driving for the last three years so she’s not a total new driver. She even does pretty well with the manual in the Jeep.

So, slow can be good :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thoughts and prayers!!!😂
Haha, thanks! Hopefully I don’t need them though!

No one in my family has driven my titan but me.
Meh, she’s already driven it. Along with current GF, her brother, my ex wife and a couple of friends.

This sounds like it will be a great first moment.

Hats off for getting her into a great hobby!!

let us know how it goes
Last time I took her a few weeks ago she said she wanted to learn to drive my mustang and take it down the track. And that led to this idea! She’s gonna love it!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She also does almost all of the maintenance and repairs on the Jeep and has her own project motorcycle she’s rebuilding. I just sit around and have a tasty beverage and guide her along. So running the strip seems like a natural next step.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awww, come on live on the wild side and let her run the Stang!
Haha, she’s welcome to anytime she wants! She’s able to get around in the manual in the Jeep, but it’s a very forgiving clutch… very new driver friendly.

The mustang’s clutch isn’t quite so approachable. And she’s nervous about that and said she didn’t want to try and drive it. I told her if she learned she could take it down the track and now she’s all for it!

So now it’s just getting her in it and comfortable, then that’ll happen.

Haha, like the truck, it ain’t fast! But, no traction control or electronic nannies (not even ABS) so it can be a handful. I love it and so does she, but I can see why she’s a bit leery of driving it.

·
Registered
2004 Titan crew cab 4x4 6” lift, headers, borla muffler, winch, dvd entertainment, brushguard
52 Posts
She also does almost all of the maintenance and repairs on the Jeep and has her own project motorcycle she’s rebuilding. I just sit around and have a tasty beverage and guide her along. So running the strip seems like a natural next step.
You got yourself a pit crew already ☺

1 - 13 of 13 Posts