Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me but I got my DT Longtubes put in and had the cats off for 24hrs (didnt have time to install). After putting in the Maggy hi-flows and 22" muffler it seems to be sluggish like it's got to much back pressure. Anyone else have this problem or is it just due to the new cats and need to break them in or would I be better off with Berk or Stillen B-pipes or no cats at all?

HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
did you have the truck tuned after the install or before?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered the tune from UpRev with those mods prior to putting them on and didnt load the tune until everything was installed.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
HMM YOU SURE THEY GAVE YOU THE CORRECT TUNE? youre not throwing any CELs or anything right? it sounds to me just like a tuning issue

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try an run a log tonight and see what the guys at UpRev can do for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
yeah i know it takes a day or so for the ecu to learn the new parts/tune soafter driving it a few hours def do some logs and see what they say. i have reead another thread on here about the same thing but his was just fine tuning adjustments iguess good luck

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Like 08Crew said, it's most likely in the tuning. Give the truck 100 miles or so then run more logs. Also, check to make sure you're in the right map and aren't running in your economy tune. Good luck!

BTW, get the Berk Technology B-pipes. They flow better, made better and a little cheaper. It's a win, win!

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I wish I could have gotten in on the Berk group buy that would have been awesome!

When you say they flow better - will it improve the sound? Seems like it got quieter when I installed the cats.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thanks for the info. I wish I could have gotten in on the Berk group buy that would have been awesome!

When you say they flow better - will it improve the sound? Seems like it got quieter when I installed the cats.
Call up Scott from Fontana Nissan. He "may" be able to get you a better price. As far as sound goes, it depends on your definition of "improve." Sound is so subjective....compared to by friend that has the same setup as me minus the Berk B-pipes his exhaust is quieter but has a cracking tone to it. Mine has a hair more rasp up top but has a deeper more hollow tone. In addition the Berks use a metallic core cat so you won't have to worry about the ceramic cats breaking up.

What Magnaflow cats are you using?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I got my DT Longtubes put in and had the cats off for 24hrs (didnt have time to install). After putting in the Maggy hi-flows and 22" muffler it seems to be sluggish like it's got to much back pressure. Anyone else have this problem or is it just due to the new cats and need to break them in or would I be better off with Berk or Stillen B-pipes or no cats at all?

HELP!!!!!
Even high flow cats are restricting exhaust flow a little but not enough to feel it. Sometimes when the exhaust is quiet it's almost feeling slower because it's not as loud. When I ran my cutout for a while it felt like the truck was a 1/2 second faster in the 1/4 mile just because it was louder. LOL Go run some logs and post them up so we can see them. You might be running pig rich. Some guys run rich after header install.

So all you have is the base tune installed right now?? Uprev get's it's close on the base tune, but its just that, close.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
After my header install the truck was a dawg. Took about 100miles to find its new power. Tuning will help just me some good data logs I'm still e-tuning over at UpRev.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
After my header install the truck was a dawg. Took about 100miles to find its new power. Tuning will help just me some good data logs I'm still e-tuning over at UpRev.
RB is the MAN!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get some logs done this weekend and get them over to ya! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I got curious about the Berk B-pipes and called Scott at Fontana and he said the Berks have a 100 cell count cat on them and wasn't sure how the cell count worked. So I called Magnaflow and asked them what the cell count was for the 94035 cat and he said they only make 400 or 200 cell count and mine was 400. He also stated the lower the count the higher the flow!

Needless to say I called Scott back and ordered the Berks today! Hopefully I'll feel a difference when I get them put on.

I'll keep everyone updated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts