Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this smoke looking substance coming through my AC vents when I turn on the AC. Only happens with the AC, not just vents, and only for a few seconds right after I turn it on. It's odorless, but clearly visible. Anyone have any ideas what it is?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
It's snow!! Well not exactly but it's normal when the cab is super humid. Your pulling in a lot of moisture across the EVAP coil and it's freezing. I am in and out of my truck without shutting it off and I will leave teh door open for 10-30 seconds and when I get back it the A/C is blowing frost. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for clearing that up. It was kind of freaking me out. I was thinking like "hold your breath, it's carbon monoxide!". Lol. Yes I know, carbon monoxide is colorless... Still got me worried though.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Just means your AC is working good and cold, think of when you open your freezer you see the steam, same premise here.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yea this had happened to me very recently. Here in San Diego we've been experiencing very humid summer days, and I thought my truck was on fire! It went away though and my AC kept me cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts