Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 truck with 7500 miles smokes a bit when i start it up.It also has a knock sound for a few seconds and it has used orolly a qaurt of oil since i had the oil changed at 350 miles.

Hope i dont have to lemon law ANOTHER titan.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That really depends on what type of smoke your describing. Is it white, blue, black or is it smoke like boiling water? If it's like boiling water smoke then that is normal for early morning startups. If you see water comming out of your tail pipe that is normal too. If you here a little ticking and knocking noise when initially starting up and stops when the motor is somewhat warmed up, that is normal. Why did you change the oil at 350 miles? Most of the time, a brand new vehicle from dealerships usually use additives in your motor oil to help break the motor in properly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I always used to see massive amounts of water vapor come out on startup and water dripping out of the tail pipe. I do think this is normal. As far as the ticking sound, have you tried a different oil? I switched from the factory oil to Mobil1 and a ticking sound appeared. I switched to Royal Purple and it went away. :paranoid: Weird. But my truck was haunted anyway.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
I always used to see massive amounts of water vapor come out on startup and water dripping out of the tail pipe. I do think this is normal. As far as the ticking sound, have you tried a different oil? I switched from the factory oil to Mobil1 and a ticking sound appeared. I switched to Royal Purple and it went away. :paranoid: Weird. But my truck was haunted anyway.
I have had alot of people suggest to me using synthetic oil, claiming that it flows better in the cold, withstands heat better, and increases the oil change interval. This is my first Nissan, I have always had trucks from the big three and in those I used castrol. I haven't decided what I'll be using now. As for the original topic, why change your oil at 350 miles and then (if I read it right) not again until 7500 miles. Shame on you, may the truck gods turn your ride into a bug bomb.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
wow^^^^^^^^^?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.