Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 2wd, and i'm looking for snow chains for the stock 18" goodyears. Any that you recommend? I'm not looking for the nicest, most expensive, just some that i'll probably use once or twice.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
chains area pain in the ars. I have had them fall off in some of the worst places before with my old truck. They break easily and can really mess up your wheelwells

try something like this http://www.flextrax.com/

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cneary812 said:
chains area pain in the ars. I have had them fall off in some of the worst places before with my old truck. They break easily and can really mess up your wheelwells

try something like this http://www.flextrax.com/

Thanks but....they said Sorry. We do not have GoClaws to fit tire size 265/70R18.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
novak57 said:
Thanks but....they said Sorry. We do not have GoClaws to fit tire size 265/70R18.

hmm they should still work I found them for my 285/70 17s and they are the same size as your tires just wider.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I carry SCC Z-chains, don't remember how much I paid, they don't use any chain tighteners, and go on really fast (no driving onto them) just flip around the bottom of the tire and they're type "S" clearance. They are support to always have traction on the ground, but I have not been forced to use them yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have Z type cable chains, the same size fits 285/70/17s as the new 265/70/18s. I've used them in mud, snow, and ice, and while they aren't as good as real cross-link truck chains, they got me unstuck and kept me on the road. They are much smoother and less noisy on ice. Like someone else said, they go on easily once you get the slack out of them. Mine use tighteners that come with the chains. I ordered mine off the internet.
Boo hiss to Nissan for not leaving enough clearance for real chains, as I need them a half dozen times a year in Wyoming.
I always carried a chain tool and spare side and cross links and could repair chains in a hurry with other trucks, so the fact they break once in a while was no big deal. No broken cables so far.

·
Registered
830 Posts
SCC Z-Cables! I used them these oftern on my Dodge Ram and never had one break. Easy on/off. Good traction and less noise and "binding" than the chain type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts