Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
My parents live in poway and they stayed at my house last night. It was just announced that the evacuations have been lifted for North of Poway Road. My work in Solana Beach closed down today due to the fires in Rancho Santa Fe. I heard on the radio that some child molester was at Qualcomm trying to lure kids with comic books. Makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone is trying to use this situation to take advantage of an already disgusting situation. That is scary to think that all of the different types of people are all in one area. My prayers go out to the many affected by this. Thank god the wind is lighter today.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was evacuated for a while. But the fires have moved away from my house, so I am home........for now.

·
Registered
909 Posts
40 of my EE's at the Santee Costco could not make it to work Tuesday. About 28 today. Out of 17 warehouses in SD county over 30 of our employees have lost homes including the 2nd in charge of my company. His house was in Ramona. So far every warehouse has donated no less than 5k to one organization or another. Good to see things turning for the better.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Speaking of Ramona, our family has not heard from my Aunt, Uncle and cousins who live there. How bad were they affected by the fires? Hope everything is well with everyone and there loved ones. Materials can be replaced for the most part human lives cannot.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Speaking of Ramona, our family has not heard from my Aunt, Uncle and cousins who live there. How bad were they affected by the fires? Hope everything is well with everyone and there loved ones. Materials can be replaced for the most part human lives cannot.
bad, many homes burnt to nothing but a pile of ashes... ramona, rancho bernardo were heavily hit by the fires... many homes lost.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I grew up in Ramona from about 6yrs. old up till I graduated. I heard this morning from my Dad who lives here near me in Murrieta that his old house had burned down.

Chad

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey everyone, I hope all of you are back in your homes. Today is my first day home after being on the fireline for 8 straight days. Initially my strike team was supposed to go to SD, but we were ordered to do structure protection in Silverado Canyon in the Irvine Fire. Do any of you live in wilderness areas? If so, please do your best to keep a 100 foot clearance of your home. I can't tell people enough, that in order for a structure to survive, you NEED defensible space. I really hope everyone is ok. Anymore questions just let me know!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live in southern orange county. A lot of the local schools got cancelled. My class at Irvine campus of CSUF was cancelled Thursday. The smoke is killing me and the truck, well not really. Don't let those ashes sit on your trucks.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
the Spanos', owners of the San Diego Chargers, donated 1 million dollars to the firefighter fund and raised over 50k in donations at the door of the charger's game on sunday!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts