Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been a member of the forum for about a year now. Funny thing is I don't even own a Titan. Just a dreamer. Last year my Tacoma was totalled and I tried to get into a Titan. Needless to say they were much more expensive back then than now....5K rebate. So I ended up back in the Tacoma. Anyway, I have been regretting my decision ever since and when the 5K rebate came out I went looking again. Well we almost had a deal but I just couldn't make the finances work. If you guys know of any deals I would appreciate the info. I am in Reno and was looking as far away as Seattle and Phoenix. The deal I had was $26500 for a 2008 Pro-4x King Cab with Pop. Package and Buckets, Bed Utility, and Big Tow. That price was out the door. Given that I am trying to trade in my Tacoma they aren't giving me much. Anyway, I need about another $1500. I realize this may be too much to ask so I am in the process of trying to sell my Tacoma rather than trade it in.....but I thought I would ask. I can't wait to join the club. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
674 Posts
PatrickL said:
So I have been a member of the forum for about a year now. Funny thing is I don't even own a Titan. Just a dreamer. Last year my Tacoma was totalled and I tried to get into a Titan. Needless to say they were much more expensive back then than now....5K rebate. So I ended up back in the Tacoma. Anyway, I have been regretting my decision ever since and when the 5K rebate came out I went looking again. Well we almost had a deal but I just couldn't make the finances work. If you guys know of any deals I would appreciate the info. I am in Reno and was looking as far away as Seattle and Phoenix. The deal I had was $26500 for a 2008 Pro-4x King Cab with Pop. Package and Buckets, Bed Utility, and Big Tow. That price was out the door. Given that I am trying to trade in my Tacoma they aren't giving me much. Anyway, I need about another $1500. I realize this may be too much to ask so I am in the process of trying to sell my Tacoma rather than trade it in.....but I thought I would ask. I can't wait to join the club. Thanks in advance for the help.

Do you have Gap or Ext warranty you could cash out...If I traded my Titan today i would get back 1500 for my Ext warranty and 300 for my Gap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No extended warranty and I am not upside down in my truck. I am just trying to get a little more out of my truck or a little more off the Titan. Thanks for the help. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
That's a great price for an 08 PRO-4X. To put it into prospective, I just bought my 08 PRO-4X CC LWB w/tow, UB, RF, underseat storage box, and floor mats that stickered at $39,300. Now I paid closer to 30 after rebate and trade-in but that's still not bad.
Would you ever think to look at a used Titan? Maybe one a year old that may fit your budget a little better? If it has to be a new one.....don't rush it. It'll happen when the price and payment fall into place for you. Better to wait for the right time than to commit to something that's gonna strap you financially. Shoot...we've ALL been there and understand what you're going through. Be patient..it'll be that much more enjoyable when it happens. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Good luck with the wheeling and dealing and I hope you get what you want in a Titan!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I just keep looking at the pictures of your beautiful titans and can't stop thinking of owning one. I was interested in an 06 or 07 until I saw the deals on the new ones. Not to mention the interior is much nicer and the Pro-4x...well it is one good lookin rig. Anyway, I haven't had much look getting a used one with low mileage for much less so I figured a new one was worth a little extra. Hopefully Nissan comes out with a better rebate this month and then I can join the club. If not....well I guess I will just have to wait. Keep throwing the ideas this way and I'll be waiting to :cheers: when it finally happens.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
PatrickL said:
Thanks for the input. I just keep looking at the pictures of your beautiful titans and can't stop thinking of owning one. I was interested in an 06 or 07 until I saw the deals on the new ones. Not to mention the interior is much nicer and the Pro-4x...well it is one good lookin rig. Anyway, I haven't had much look getting a used one with low mileage for much less so I figured a new one was worth a little extra. Hopefully Nissan comes out with a better rebate this month and then I can join the club. If not....well I guess I will just have to wait. Keep throwing the ideas this way and I'll be waiting to :cheers: when it finally happens.

If you skip the PRO-4X and get a decently equipped SE, you'll have a lot of extra money for mods...that's what I did. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
No way you can work out a VPP? friend of a friend of a friend?
VPP + the $5k rebate would more than put you where you wanna' be.

Go into the dealership and mention it....maybe a hungry salesman can scratch up a VPP number for you? Never hurts to ask.

btw, The pro4x KC with RF, BT, and all that is what I got...more than what I set out to get, but I'm glad I did.

EDIT: I looked back at your walk away number....that's a pretty sweet number. MSRP is somewhere around $36k on that truck, so you may already have the VPP figured in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the guy I was talking to was $500 under invoice and then any applicable rebates. I think sticker was right around 36K so I realize I was getting a pretty good deal. I tried to equip an SE with the options but it was pretty much the same price. Anyway, sounds like I just need to sell my truck myself. They were offering 23.5K for my trade and it KBB's for between $28K to $29.3K for a private party sale. They weren't low balling me since it is an '07 and KBB puts trade right around there but if I could get a bit more it would have been a deal. The 5K rebate deal expires today. Maybe they will come out with a bit more here soon so I can afford to get into one. I can't wait if you can't tell.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Fat Possum,

I noticed you haven't posted any pics of yours. I was dealing on a Silver but have yet to see many pics of Silvers or the interior of any Pro-4X's. I have seen a smoke....very nice who ever posted it. However I haven't seen a silver. Care to post up some pics of your truck or anyone with a silver or some interior shots?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I could post some pics of a '05 Radiant Silver Quest SE for you, but I got my Titan in the "extra fast" color. Majestic Blue. Too dope IMO.... here's a few:

Good luck with getting yours, and make sure and post up pics when you do!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dammmmmm, nice truck. That is exactly what I was looking for. I sure hope you are enjoying it. Let me know if you need someone to look after her when you are gone.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
PatrickL said:
Hey Fat Possum,

I noticed you haven't posted any pics of yours. I was dealing on a Silver but have yet to see many pics of Silvers or the interior of any Pro-4X's. I have seen a smoke....very nice who ever posted it. However I haven't seen a silver. Care to post up some pics of your truck or anyone with a silver or some interior shots?
They're not the best but they're what I have at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the interior shots. If it wasn't for my fiance and her unexcitement about trucks I probably would have jumped on the deal. In reality thankfully her unexcitement kept me within my means. Anyway, you guys aren't helping much with keeping me from just going for it. :bouncy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
PatrickL said:
Yeah the guy I was talking to was $500 under invoice and then any applicable rebates. I think sticker was right around 36K so I realize I was getting a pretty good deal. I tried to equip an SE with the options but it was pretty much the same price. Anyway, sounds like I just need to sell my truck myself. They were offering 23.5K for my trade and it KBB's for between $28K to $29.3K for a private party sale. They weren't low balling me since it is an '07 and KBB puts trade right around there but if I could get a bit more it would have been a deal. The 5K rebate deal expires today. Maybe they will come out with a bit more here soon so I can afford to get into one. I can't wait if you can't tell.
I am not sure on your state but in NY the trade in amount is deducted from the purchase amount inwhich is the taxbale amount. I had to pay tax on 35,000 because I had no trade in.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
They're not the best but they're what I have at the moment.

Hey, when did you get that???? It's exactly what I'm looking for, but unfortunately there isn't one in this or the neighboring states!!!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
54warrior said:
Hey, when did you get that???? It's exactly what I'm looking for, but unfortunately there isn't one in this or the neighboring states!!!
I just picked it up the Saturday before Christmas. MuskyHunter actually found it for my out on Long Island and my dealer swapped it out and got me the truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts