Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after not having much luck on getting a used RF amp.. hehe

I am looking into leaving the messed up amp, which is giving me all kinds of noises on the front speakers(the 2 on the doors, 2 tweeters and center channel) , so it can still power the speakers on the back and the sub, and get a new amp so I can power up the front speakers.

Could this be done?

I saw how the LOC was hooked up to get 4 channels(i think it was 4), but can I hook up the front left and right speakers and tweeters to a loc and and an amp?

Any diagrams out there?

thanks for the help again..

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
maurimx said:
Ok after not having much luck on getting a used RF amp.. hehe

I am looking into leaving the messed up amp, which is giving me all kinds of noises on the front speakers(the 2 on the doors, 2 tweeters and center channel) , so it can still power the speakers on the back and the sub, and get a new amp so I can power up the front speakers.

Could this be done?

I saw how the LOC was hooked up to get 4 channels(i think it was 4), but can I hook up the front left and right speakers and tweeters to a loc and and an amp?

Any diagrams out there?

thanks for the help again..

Yes it can be with no problems.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tech12volt said:
Yes it can be with no problems.
Thanks again tech12...

I think i will ask you for some help again when I take the HU off and so I know where do I need to hook the wires up to get front left and right speakers...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the wiring diagram I have, there are separate output connections for the front tweeters(not like the rear tweeters which go wired to the same output line as the rear speakers). If I install the LOC Could I get the front tweeters to be hooked up to the same output line as the front speakers? Or would I need separate outputs for the tweeters and speakers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would suggest that you abandon use of the factory amp. The blue connector that goes into the amp has all the points you need to connect the LOC's and wiring to the existing speakers (except for the subwoofer - that's in the white connector). I have posted several times on this site how to bypass the amp using jumpers constructed from speaker wire and pins that will fit in the sockets of the blue connector. Search on my screen name and you should find the diagram that labels the in and outs of that connector.

I have replaced the RF HU in both Titans I have owned and used that diagram and method to use existing speaker wiring for the front door and dash tweeters. I use inexpensive crossover networks purchased at RadioShack to connect the front radio channels to the door speakers and dash tweeters. You can connect those speakers in parallel, but it will sound better if you use crossover networks. I use 6x9 speakers in boxes for the rear speakers and run those straight from the new HU, therefore I do not make their connections at the blue connector.

If your budget is tight at the present time consider not using rear speakers until you can afford a 4-channel amp (or another 2-ch).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eakes said:
I would suggest that you abandon use of the factory amp. The blue connector that goes into the amp has all the points you need to connect the LOC's and wiring to the existing speakers (except for the subwoofer - that's in the white connector). I have posted several times on this site how to bypass the amp using jumpers constructed from speaker wire and pins that will fit in the sockets of the blue connector. Search on my screen name and you should find the diagram that labels the in and outs of that connector.

I have replaced the RF HU in both Titans I have owned and used that diagram and method to use existing speaker wiring for the front door and dash tweeters. I use inexpensive crossover networks purchased at RadioShack to connect the front radio channels to the door speakers and dash tweeters. You can connect those speakers in parallel, but it will sound better if you use crossover networks. I use 6x9 speakers in boxes for the rear speakers and run those straight from the new HU, therefore I do not make their connections at the blue connector.

If your budget is tight at the present time consider not using rear speakers until you can afford a 4-channel amp (or another 2-ch).
thanks for the tips..

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
maurimx said:
thanks for the tips..
I have some weet deals on Sundown right now. hit me up if you need one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts