Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...And the car is still losing horsepower - it isnt a consistent thing --- it seems to only do it in the late afternoon. I noticed the SLIP light comes on sometimes but it doesnt turn on as soon as it start doing it only after a while.

This also isnt a power loss as far as eletricity --- more of a power loss... like the truck is in limp mode.

ugh. im so over this!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also... its weird as sh*t cuz --- lets say i let it sit all night i get in it in the morning and she starts up fine and rides fine... 5pm hits and she starts up fine but doesnt have any power...

HELP HELP HELP im so sick of this!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
One of the plugs on the IPDM is probably not well seated.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would it drive fine one minute and then next horrible...

I mean when it runs fine i can run in fine for a while with no problems... its never crapped out on me while running fine.
But then it runs like crap at start up...

its driving me nutts!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Because one of the plugs isn't seated?
Pretty sure you are looking at an electrical issue.
The IPDM was just changed.
Truck was fine before? Right?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
What year?
How many miles?
Tank sender recall done?

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
if your slip light is coming on then the truck is activating the traction control. mine falls on its nose when the light comes on. i would venture to guess a wheel speed sensor, or something.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
i think they are in the front, but may be all 4 wheels. a dealer with the proper scan tool should be able to read them and see if one isnt working.

mine normally does it when i come out of a parking lot with a steep incline, or hop the curb on the way out. sucks when you are trying to beat the car coming at you. as soon as one back tire cuts loose, it cuts power to the engine. works trick on wet roads, but sucks when you are in a hurry.

you put the pedal down to go, and the truck doesnt, then a second later it kicks in and all hell breaks loose, and away you go.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You received the IPDM recall notice from Nissan? I've been waiting for mine to come in the mail so I can bring the truck in, but I haven't received it yet. :confused:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You received the IPDM recall notice from Nissan? I've been waiting for mine to come in the mail so I can bring the truck in, but I haven't received it yet. :confused:
My notice from Nissan came two weeks ago. You don't have to wait for the mail, just call a Nissan dealer and setup an appointment.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
My notice from Nissan came two weeks ago. You don't have to wait for the mail, just call a Nissan dealer and setup an appointment.
Thanks....that's good to know. Makes me wonder why I haven't received the notice yet though? Maybe they're thinking if they don't send the notice, people won't know about the recall on the IPDM. lol!

When you brought your truck in, how long did it take them to replace it? I don't want to leave my truck at the stealer all day if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
...as soon as one back tire cuts loose, it cuts power to the engine. works trick on wet roads, but sucks when you are in a hurry.
You gotta be careful about relying on this tho... The traction control just works to make both drive wheels turn at the same speed.

As soon as they're both spinning at the same speed (note - whether or not they're actually making traction...) you are on your own.

Thank you for not asking how I know this...

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
You gotta be careful about relying on this tho... The traction control just works to make both drive wheels turn at the same speed.

As soon as they're both spinning at the same speed (note - whether or not they're actually making traction...) you are on your own.

Thank you for not asking how I know this...
oh i hear you, been there before!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts