Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. It has taken me about 6 weeks to talk about it. I drowned my truck crossing the Verde River near Sheep's Bridge. There is a video of it somewhere. I am not far enough along in the grieving process to watch it. Water was over dashboard inside. I hydro locked the motor. Engine is knocking. I think I have a bent valve.

I had to replace the IDPM and BCM just to find that out. Still a lot of electrical gremlins to chase. It has 195k miles but as you can see from my signature it is fully apocalypse ready. Lockers front and rear. Winch Bumper, Coil Over Icons, Dirt King LCA, PRG UCAs, sliders, you name it.

Do I try to replace motor or find a new used Titan to replace it and swap everything over.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other option is of course to have the mother of all part outs.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The problem with flood damage is not knowing if all the damage will ever be adequately assessed and repaired. Beyond the drivetrain, IPDM, ECM and BCM being replaced, the connectors for sensors and relays are hard to troubleshoot.

Better to chalk it up to a poor decision that killed your Titan. Time to start over...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The latter. Start over.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,528 Posts
I want to see the video...?⛵??

·
Registered
9 Posts
So. It has taken me about 6 weeks to talk about it. I drowned my truck crossing the Verde River near Sheep's Bridge. There is a video of it somewhere. I am not far enough along in the grieving process to watch it. Water was over dashboard inside. I hydro locked the motor. Engine is knocking. I think I have a bent valve.

I had to replace the IDPM and BCM just to find that out. Still a lot of electrical gremlins to chase. It has 195k miles but as you can see from my signature it is fully apocalypse ready. Lockers front and rear. Winch Bumper, Coil Over Icons, Dirt King LCA, PRG UCAs, sliders, you name it.

Do I try to replace motor or find a new used Titan to replace it and swap everything over.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it has been sitting here for 8 months. I am thinking about getting a used motor for $1k to see if everything else works. Would at the least like to do an autopsy on the engine. Anyone have any thoughts on what likely broke. It will idle barely. Seems like I hear more about connecting rods than valve train issues.

·
Registered
965 Posts
There could be multiple issues with both the engine and the electronics. Seems that after eight months, you're going to disregard the advise here and try to rebuild. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts