Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says. i clocked a medium size deer today on my way to work. never saw him till it was too late. he got up and trotted into the woods right after. the damage is not that bad, im actually amazed because i hit him at 60 and only need a new chrome bumper, plate, and bracket. i was pretty bummed out all day but im also pretty lucky as it could have been worse.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Glad to know you're ok. Last deer I hit with a car did $7000 in damages.
You got away very lucky. My biggest fear is for it to come through the windshield and start kicking. I seen photos of this happening.

Clint

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
You came out pretty good! I hit a deer 5 days after I bought my Titan and caused $4700 worth of damage. I was doing 45 MPH!!! The deer took a pretty nice pavement slide and looked like a drunk as it stumbled into the woods!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I guess here in Texas the deer are smaller bodied than up north. I would much rater hit an 85lb doe instead of a huge wild hog like this one.

This pig was not hit with a truck but yet it was hit with a bullet. My friend in the pic is 6'4" so you can get an idea how big it is.
________
Vaporite tubes

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ran over a possum last saturday. $0 in damage except to clean the spooge off my tire:upsidedow :jester: .
Deer suck. Almost hit one in Vermont on my motorcycle a few years back. Brown stripe moment for sure...:huh: .
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sorry bout your luck bro. I just had 4000 dollars worth of damage fixed on my car about a couple months ago. Bad thing was I wasn't the one that hit the deer. Never loaning my vehicles out again. lol

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
I've hit two as well. Come to think of it, they were each hit by each of the other two Nissan's I've owned. :huh:

Thank goodness you're ok, and that you're in a truck where she couldn't go up the hood and through the windshield. I hope it's not too bad on the truck though.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
During a trip from Cali, I witness two SUV's hit a family of deers at 70+mph. Both engines were either smooshed into the firewall or completely ripped from the frame. Deers were about 6 feet tall or taller. After that whole ordeal, I got those deer whislers. Hopefully they work like they are suppose to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Please, don't repost these pics ever again.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Have not tested it on anythig but this would have helped. I am sure the deer would not walk away from this bumper. I have my old chrome bumper fs if u want it $200

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Do they make that in chrome?

·
Registered
618 Posts
That would be insane people looking tin the rear view would be blind if the sun was out. I found a random guy at 4wheel parts that had it siting in his basement. he had it custom fabed for his titan but then sold the truck. I am sure it is one of a kind. I was out in jackson just waiting for the first moose to cross the road. we would eat like king for months!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry man that sucks. That deer may have gotten up and walked away but I am sure he is dead by now. Internal injuires are bad from car collisions. Just can't predict wildlife. Glad you are alright.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the replies guys, it dont actually look that bad now that i got the bottom grille insert off. if i had'nt leveled my truck i know it would have been much worse.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts