Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much sums it up lol. I went to a local pawn shop today looking for an inexpensive BBQ grill for a flat-bed trailer (I get bored at work a lot) and found a deal I think/hope was a good one. No grill in sight, but I did see 2 Bazooka Tubes and a Kenwood 800w 4 channel amp for a hundred bucks out the door. I had been pricing some amps and looking for an under the seat box for a single ten and had come up with around 500-700 for what I wanted. A friend of mine had a bass tube in his 280z in high school and it kicked ***, I figured 2 with an amp would be just fine for a little under the backseat thump. I switched out the HU about a year ago for a Pioneer mid-level (cant remember the model) so I think this should be a nice little addition to the T. I'll post up pics of the install, and am kickin around some ideas for a custom mount for the dual tubes.

T

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
decent deal, but FYI just about any setup in a hatchback will hit good

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got everything installed last night, and damn it hits a hell of a lot harder than it did in my buddies hatchback. Here are some install pics,

I had decided to mount here first, but didn't like the idea of the amp getting too hot and scorching the back seat, so I moved it to under the passenger seat

It fit a lot better here and I felt better about it. I used some spacers under the four corners to keep it off the carpet and have airflow all the way around to prevent clipping. All the wires were run under the carpet, from RCA to power, ground and remote. I removed the glove box and the piece of framing that it attaches too and ran all the cables up under the carpet back there and behind the box into the back of the HU into its RCA pre-outs.

Here are where the cables come out from under the carpet and right into the tubes.

Finished product under the seat....

And the amp sitting comfortably in its new under the passenger seat home.

Overall really happy with the result, and I'm not kidding they sound pretty effin awesome. Deep base notes and I ran the front speakers into the amp as well at the HU so now my fronts sound killer too. Id say I came out on top for a hundred bucks, and it was a slow day at the station so i got everything installed in about 6 hours with two calls in between. Definitely have the mod bug now, and lights and bedliner all the way around is next up...

T

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
^^^LOL

That looks great OP! Nice work and great deal...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks boys, did I mention I had to strongly resist the urge to bedline the amp and tubes...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sick grill, and op Love me some base! So nice work.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
how did you secure the tubes? did you use the straps? They dont look secured at all in the pictures.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Looks damn good! Almost like they were made to fit there on each side of the driveshaft tunnel! You can secure them with some straps pretty easily. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They arent in the pictures, I was looking at a few different options. I settled on getting a 12" long piece of velco strap and cutting two small holes in the carpet for it to run under then loop around and secure on the top. Pull the strap around so the fastened part sits under the carpet and its just a nice clean strap.

·
Premium Member
77,869 Posts
Haha. I had Bazookas in all three trucks I've had. In fact, it was only two years ago I strayed from them and went to a conventional box set up. They served me quite well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts