Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to decide on 1 of 2.

A King Cab 4wd 07 w/ 5500 miles or a Crew Cab 4wd 06 with 15500 miles.

The King Cab is Granite
The Crew Cab is Blue

If I can get the Crew Cab for 23k, I'll jump at it. If I can get the King Cab for 22k, I'll jump on that. I'll find out Monday if either is possible.

I'm excited as hell.

Coming from a 1998 Ford F150.

What things should I look forward to with this thing? Good and Bad. Quirks?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
POWER! vroom vroom.. YAY!!! it still excites me after 2 years of driving her everyday

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
titan814 said:
POWER! vroom vroom.. YAY!!! it still excites me after 2 years of driving her everyday
Are there any differences between the 2006 and 2007 that I should be aware of before I make my choice?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
07 has variable cam timing I think.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I can get the Crew Cab for 23k, I'll jump at it.
Seems kind of high for a used truck? I got my 08 CC new for 23 out the door. Did you shop the dealers in your area? I just bought my truck on 12/12/07.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yellomantis said:
07 has variable cam timing I think.

Hey Yellow you work in construction? What do the door magnets say on your red truck? PM me if you do not want to say on the forum.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JCollins28 said:
Seems kind of high for a used truck? I got my 08 CC new for 23 out the door. Did you shop the dealers in your area? I just bought my truck on 12/12/07.
You think so? I've done a lot of looking around on cars.com and autotrader.com and 23k is a damn good price to have 4wd. Now on a 2006, that might be a bargaining angle I can go with. Regardless, it lists at 26999 right now. A buddy of mine works at the Nissan Dealership that one is at and he snuck in to check the price on that Titan for me. They bought it for 22400. It's been on the lot for 2 months. Monday I'll find out whether or not I can grab it for 23k.

Otherwise, I'm going to try and get the one in Michigan, which I think I'd rather have. The extra space in the crew cab is nice, but that's not what I'm after.

·
Super Moderator
93,660 Posts
If you don't need the space of the crew cab, I would go for the 07. More horsepower!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arachnid said:
If you don't need the space of the crew cab, I would go for the 07. More horsepower!
I'd post pics of both, but I don't have access to that just yet.

I'm excited as all hell, though.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
You didn't say what trim level each one is. XE, SE, LE? What options?

Do you plan on putting anything in the bed frequently? Taking more than yourself and a passenger on drives of any length?

I have an '05 SE CC 4WD and love it, sometimes I wish I had the longer bed of the KC but not at the expense of losing all that back seat space since I haul people regularly.

I can't think of anything to watch out for with either of those years, I'd say go with your gut and get the one that best suits your activities.

Did I mention I love my truck? :D

Good luck and welcome to the family...almost!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yahooligan said:
You didn't say what trim level each one is. XE, SE, LE? What options?

Do you plan on putting anything in the bed frequently? Taking more than yourself and a passenger on drives of any length?

I have an '05 SE CC 4WD and love it, sometimes I wish I had the longer bed of the KC but not at the expense of losing all that back seat space since I haul people regularly.

I can't think of anything to watch out for with either of those years, I'd say go with your gut and get the one that best suits your activities.

Did I mention I love my truck? :D

Good luck and welcome to the family...almost!
I'll go ahead and post the specs of both.

$22992
2007 King Cab SE
Mileage: 5,429
Body Style: Extended Cab
Exterior Color: Granite
Interior Color: Graphite/Titanium

Engine: 5.6L V8
Transmission: AUTO 5SPD
Drivetrain: 4X4
Doors: 4
Wheelbase: 140"

4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (Abs) W/(4) Sensors, Pwr Front Vented Disc/Rear Disc Brakes, Pwr-Assisted Speed-Sensitive Rack-And-Pinion Steering, Full Size Spare Tire, 18" X 8.0" 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Front Stabilizer Bar, Multi-Leaf Rear Suspension W/Solid Dana Axle, Independent Double Wishbone Front Suspension W/Dana Axle, Front Tow Hooks, Welded Ladder Frame W/Full-Length Box Section Rails

$26999
2006 Crew Cab SE
Mileage: 15500
Body Style: Crew Cab
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Gray
Stock #: P2296
VIN: 1N6BA07B46N545463

Engine: 5.6L V8
Transmission: AUTO
Drivetrain: 4X4
Doors: 4
Wheelbase: 140"

Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, AM/FM Stereo & CD Player, 6 Disc CD Player, Radial Tires, Gauge Cluster, Trip Odometer, Air Conditioning, Tilt Steering Wheel, Tinted Glass, Anti-Lock Braking System, Driver Side Air Bag, Passenger Side Air Bag, Front Bucket Seats, Power Sliding Rear Window, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Alloy Wheels, White Letter Tires, Sport Steering Wheel, Interval Wipers, Map Lights, Rear Defroster, Console, Carpeting, Custom Floor Mats, Vanity Mirror, Day/Night Lever, Compass, Drink Holder(S), 12v Power Outlet, Cloth Upholstery

Whichever presents itself as a good purchase; basically the right price is the one I'm going for.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I paid 29k for my cc se 4wd off road in 2005. It has the tow package, dvd player, and lots more. I would think with the huge rebates right now you could get a new one and have a better interest rate. BTW the sticker was 37k. Oh yeah love my truck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
helomech said:
I paid 29k for my cc se 4wd off road in 2005. It has the tow package, dvd player, and lots more. I would think with the huge rebates right now you could get a new one and have a better interest rate. BTW the sticker was 37k. Oh yeah love my truck.
I'm looking for a monthly payment of $400. 23k is about my limit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Kortiz said:
You think so? I've done a lot of looking around on cars.com and autotrader.com and 23k is a damn good price to have 4wd. Now on a 2006, that might be a bargaining angle I can go with. Regardless, it lists at 26999 right now. A buddy of mine works at the Nissan Dealership that one is at and he snuck in to check the price on that Titan for me. They bought it for 22400. It's been on the lot for 2 months. Monday I'll find out whether or not I can grab it for 23k.

Otherwise, I'm going to try and get the one in Michigan, which I think I'd rather have. The extra space in the crew cab is nice, but that's not what I'm after.
Carsdirect.com quoted me a price of 25k out the door. I took that price started hitting dealers fleet dept's up telling them I would buy a truck today if they could get me in a 08 CC at 24 out the door. After a few calls I was out the door at 23. Good luck PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Kortiz said:
I'm looking for a monthly payment of $400. 23k is about my limit.

Yeah, but if you got a 2wd, and the rebates that are out right now you should be able to get a new one for fairly close to 23k. And the interest rate would be better on a new vs a used. Just a thought, you need to do what you think is best for you.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
JCollins28 said:
Hey Yellow you work in construction? What do the door magnets say on your red truck? PM me if you do not want to say on the forum.
Championship Off Road Racing

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yellomantis said:
Championship Off Road Racing

Cool I'm a salesman for Sunbelt Rentals. Who do you guys use for renting your equipment for your events? Like Water Trucks and and all your dirt equipment?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
JCollins28 said:
Cool I'm a salesman for Sunbelt Rentals. Who do you guys use for renting your equipment for your events? Like Water Trucks and and all your dirt equipment?
There's a guy that does the land development for the Baldwins. Everyone calls him Joe Dirt.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
helomech said:
Yeah, but if you got a 2wd, and the rebates that are out right now you should be able to get a new one for fairly close to 23k. And the interest rate would be better on a new vs a used. Just a thought, you need to do what you think is best for you.
Resale value is another reason for me to stick with 4wd. Going with 2wd would almost certainly give me buyers remorse.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Kortiz said:
Resale value is another reason for me to stick with 4wd. Going with 2wd would almost certainly give me buyers remorse.

Get exactly what you want, because you don't want to regret it later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts