Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a true dual setup is only beneficial if you use some sort of Y/H/X pipe. correct? or is there still hp/tq loss?

Keeping the stock piping and swapping out the muffler only really adds sound, nothing real for performance.

The all around best system to go with is a full cat-back system single outlet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the exhaust sound clips in the stickied thread are mostly no longer hosted, does anybody have uploaded sound/video clips of most exhaust systems?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
As for sound clips just go to you tube and search for nissan titan, they are all over the place. You do have to remember that even though this may give you some idea there is no substitute for actually listening to a system. These recordings are made by different equipment at different distances with different background conditions, well...you get the point, and depending on your computer set up, your speakers may not do them justice. I just ordered a magnaflow cat back based on recomendations from people on this and other sites. I picked this system not because it the loudest (it's not) or the best performing (opinions vary) but it rated well in ALL categories without being to lound. I took the time to find people with magnaflow systems in my area (couldn't find any on a titan) and it gave me a good idea on what to expect. So there is my 2 cents, pay attention to what people on this site tell you, but there is no subsitute for getting out there and talking to people and hearing what they have in person.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohhh I would love to hear your setup when you get it installed :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have sound clips on our site in the Titan section at the bottom of the page.

http://products.jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/04Titannew.asp

As far as a ture dual goes it really is not beneficial on these trucks (we have tested this) After a lot of R&D work, we came up with the single outlet system we offer with great sucess to the end users.

A lot of the R&D work found most of the torque and power gains are in the Y pipe design and the muffler design that replaces what Nissan has from the factory. Click on that link above and you can read more on our power gains.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the jba sounds nice but i think its a little loud for what I'm looking for. Where does the Y pipe get welded onto? before the muffler? then I could just buy a good muffler, y pipe and be good to go? or should i get all new piping, maybe bigger piping?

·
Banned
273 Posts
Jon_UT said:
the jba sounds nice but i think its a little loud for what I'm looking for. Where does the Y pipe get welded onto? before the muffler? then I could just buy a good muffler, y pipe and be good to go? or should i get all new piping, maybe bigger piping?
unless youre gettin cams and headers stick with the stock all the way till the cat-back starts then get high flow cats youll definitely notice the difference :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts