Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I randomly came across this today: https://www.carparts.com/jcwhitney/ Apparently, JC Whitney is ceasing to operate as its own entity and becoming a house brand of Cars.com. Both companies are already subsidiaries of the same parent company, so it's really just shuffling the deck, not throwing away cards.

It's been a LONG time since I've purchased anything from JC Whitney. I remember long hours of pouring over the various JC Whitney catalogs as a kid, dreaming of all the upgrades I would do to my future cars. It was always exciting to find the newest catalog in the mail and start looking at all the cool (and all the crazy, silly or just plain stupid) accessories in that issue. Fun times! Simpler times. Ordering by mail and COD were actually things you did.

The link above has a history of JC Whitney, dating back to 1915. I didn't realize they'd been around in one form or another for that long! Even though I haven't picked up a JC Whitney catalog (did they even print a paper catalog anymore?) nor purchased anything from them in decades, it's a little sad to see them go.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
I saw the same notification. I also looked at the catalogs. They were one of the few places that had parts for my '67 MG.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts