Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I contacted all my local Nissan dealers in Miami-Dade and nobody has gotten back to me.

What does a guy have to do get a Titan around here :rolleyes:


I gave them all the specs of what I wanted, requesting a quote and availability, but I got no responses thus far.

Oh well till this weekend, I hate going to dealers but looks like I will have to make the rounds and start fighting for my Titan. :boxing: :upsidedow

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
yep, you pretty much gotta fight the dealers...my Dad and I were making a deal on Titan bout a month ago and pretty much told them we would drive down to Miami to get a better deal if they didn't give us a great price (we live in Jacksonville, bout 350 miles from Miami). Needless to say, they quickly rethought trying to rip us off on the truck.....doesn't really matter though cause I can't buy my truck until I sell my Camaro--I won't get crap for it on a trade in; just gotta sell it myself :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
Yesterday I contacted all my local Nissan dealers in Miami-Dade and nobody has gotten back to me.

What does a guy have to do get a Titan around here :rolleyes:


I gave them all the specs of what I wanted, requesting a quote and availability, but I got no responses thus far.

Oh well till this weekend, I hate going to dealers but looks like I will have to make the rounds and start fighting for my Titan. :boxing: :upsidedow

:cheers:
Wait until the last week of the month and try again, expanding your search several hundred miles. Contact the fleet or sales manager by fax or email using their first and last name (you'll have to call the dealership to obtain this). Within a few days ideally you'll have two or three dealers wanting your business and bidding against one another.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Went through the same here in Dade Co. Maroone of Kendall seems to have the biggest selection, however I drove all the way to W. Palm Automall to get my deal done. “Gary in new car sales is a great guy to deal with”. Have you gone to the Nissan web, to look @ local inventories? There were a few tricked out Titans @ W. Palm, after market rims etc.. very very nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Optimist said:
Have you gone to the Nissan web, to look @ local inventories?
Where do you go to get that information?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Cienfuegos, I had the same problem. The local dealer here in Cherry Hill NJ had no real interest in selling me a truck that wasn't on his lot.

He told me he could not order me one since his shippments were dictated by the factory and he didn't know when he would have a slot available. He also said he was expecting about 20 new trucks but didn't know when or in what configurations.

I went to the Nissan website and searched for the truck I wanted, found it about 45 miles away in PA. I sent them an email to confirm the truck was still in stock and available, about a day and a half later they got back to me that it was there. Since it was so far away and the configuration I wanted is so rare in the N.E. I went there the next day. I was lucky their opening offer was just about where I wanted (5 percent of dealer cost, not invoice), so it all worked out.

Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Hey Howie, try Gainesville

Howie,

if it comes to that, on your way to Miami try stopping in Gainesville. The local dealer here really wanted to sell me the truck when I bought in January. We worked out a MUCH better deal than I was getting from the Toyota dealer. As I noted elsewhere, I got the truck with tax, tag & title for a bit less than the MSRP and a low intrest rate too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Atsenaotie said:
Howie,

if it comes to that, on your way to Miami try stopping in Gainesville. The local dealer here really wanted to sell me the truck when I bought in January. We worked out a MUCH better deal than I was getting from the Toyota dealer. As I noted elsewhere, I got the truck with tax, tag & title for a bit less than the MSRP and a low intrest rate too.

thanks for the tip :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok I contacted AutoMall and am waiting a response with a quote and availability,

I guess my game plan is going to be wait for responses till the end of the month and then make my move at that time. I am not in a hurry because I do have a set of wheels to get me around even though I would rather not put the miles on it for vintage purposes.

Now it is a wait and see game with these dealers.

I do have to say that I preffered W. Plams Automall inventory search engine and process to all the other dealers so far. I would hate to drive up there but if it gets me a good deal and exactly what I want a small road trip isn't that big of a deal. :upsidedow

One more thing W. Palm Automall has a chat with dealer interface that is pretty cool, I just finished using it and was connected and chatting in a couple of seconds. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
Ok I contacted AutoMall and am waiting a response with a quote and availability,

I guess my game plan is going to be wait for responses till the end of the month and then make my move at that time. I am not in a hurry because I do have a set of wheels to get me around even though I would rather not put the miles on it for vintage purposes.

Now it is a wait and see game with these dealers.

I do have to say that I preffered W. Plams Automall inventory search engine and process to all the other dealers so far. I would hate to drive up there but if it gets me a good deal and exactly what I want a small road trip isn't that big of a deal. :upsidedow

One more thing W. Palm Automall has a chat with dealer interface that is pretty cool, I just finished using it and was connected and chatting in a couple of seconds. :)
Let me know what kind of a deal you get. I live in Broward Co. and would like to know what is the best place to shop for my future Titan...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well finally sombody that is actually interested in selling a Titan gave me a response.

West Palm Automall gave a very timely same day response, I am definetly already happy with my experiance with them so far and look forward to further dealing with them.

Also I asked about the extended warrenty and they responed by telling me that it was 7yr/100k.

http://www.palmnissan.com/en_US/

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
bvstone1 said:
One thing about this site is it seems to only be updated once a week (early monday or late sunday). Trust me, I've been using it to see if my truck is in for the past 2 weeks, and only noticed changes on monday morning. :)
On the Nissan USA. site my truck showed up as at the dealer two days before delivery or was truck up to them. It seems to get registered inventory when it gets off the train at the dock. And then they are loaded up on a truck for delivery. Somtimes it takes awhile to fill a truck so there's a few days wait. This was my experience with my truck. Also has anybody noticed that you can't seem to enter out side of your area zip's codes anymore? I was try to look for a friend of mine and was unable to look out side of my home zip. dont know if this is the way it is now or if they are making changes or what? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Yes, when I called the local dealer about the truck that the site said was in inventory the dealer said it’s expected to arrive day after tomorrow. I like that, knowing what they are supposed to get sometimes before it gets in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Yes, my dealer said the same thing. She said they can't sell until the truck and the invoice (paperwork) are both there. Sometimes the truck arrives before the invoice, sometimes the other way around. Either way, it will be a couple days until you can take it home.

I think she was just letting me know even if it comes in on the 12th, I won't be taking it home until early the next week. :)

That also means I won't see my truck in inventory until Monday, since that's when it seems their data is updated. I've only seen changes on Monday, but it could just be coinkidink too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well I got another response from a local dealer this time, their quote was higher than West Palm Auto mall by a considerable amount.

So I responded by letting them know that they are not the lowest quote and if they could rework the number down that I would be interested to see what they come up with.


We will see what happens so out of 6 dealers contacted only 2 have responded :rolleyes:

Oh well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Just bought mine (actually, ordered one) today from Hector Carrera at Marrone Nissan on Calle Ocho after a two week courtship via e-mail. Got it at 7.5% over invoice (roughly $1200 under MSRP) which is certainly not near the best deals reported on this Forum, but was acceptable to my wife and I after dealing with a lot of disinterested dealers.

Hector is at [email protected]


Mike Hassall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
congrads!

n2916s said:
Just bought mine (actually, ordered one) today from Hector Carrera at Marrone Nissan on Calle Ocho after a two week courtship via e-mail. Got it at 7.5% over invoice (roughly $1200 under MSRP) which is certainly not near the best deals reported on this Forum, but was acceptable to my wife and I after dealing with a lot of disinterested dealers.

Hector is at [email protected]


Mike Hassall
You are right, you might not have got the best deal..but it is still a great deal. The Titan is worth every penny. If both you and your wife are happy, great!!

by the way, my deal was for $1,000 under MSRP and they only went that low because I have bought many Nissan and Toyotas from that dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
n2916s said:
Just bought mine (actually, ordered one) today from Hector Carrera at Marrone Nissan on Calle Ocho after a two week courtship via e-mail. Got it at 7.5% over invoice (roughly $1200 under MSRP) which is certainly not near the best deals reported on this Forum, but was acceptable to my wife and I after dealing with a lot of disinterested dealers.

Hector is at [email protected]


Mike Hassall

Thanks for the information, I just sent him an email with what I wanted so hopfully he will get back to me with a good number.

:teethmast
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top