Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im on the phone wit the girl wallago, and her brother and his friend are sitting there at her house looking at the pictures of my truck on myspace.. Her brothers friend said something about my truck being slow and i asked her what he said, so I get on the phone wit him.. I have seen the truck before..its a 05 Cummins Diesel.. Its stock peformance wise, with i think like maybe a 6 inch lift wit 35's and 18 inch wheels. So he starts sayin how this cummins will smoke my A$$...so yea we are supposed to race in a couple of weeks when i get back from vacation... Do yall think i could take him now? Right now I have jus 22's, and magnaflow exhausts...SHould i race him from the stop? or from a roll? any tipss.. I really wanna beat him. I am thinking about sending my ECU off to uprev to get it flashed while im on vacation. Then it shouldnt even be a race should it???

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Tell him that you guys will race for money if he's so confident :). Stock for stock no diesel truck can beat a Titan. They are in the 8-9second 0-60mph and 1/4 mile in 17-18 seconds range. Lots of power but slow as molassis from the factory. The 6inch lift and 35's with 18's kills his power bad. Even with 22's you will smoke him from a stop, roll, or any speed. If you really wanna make him look bad, tell him you will race him from a 30mph roll up to 80-90mph, spot him a truck length and tell him you will start after he does. The look on his face when you pass him will be funny. Make a video so we can see too :p

I had a few races with a chipped Cummins, more info here if you are interested. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/war-stories/56883-raced-i-e-chipped-06-cummins.html

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You will smoke him stock no problem. Get him to lay some cash on it. You wont need an Uprev to take him. Just hope he's still stock.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Bet him cash, and you could even offer to let him leave the line before you start your engine! You'll still beat him to 60, have it parked and washed before he shows up. Gotta love those Diesel pigs with the flappy gums.

·
Registered
583 Posts
As a diesel guy myself I can tell you that he doesn't stand a chance against you stock, add to that a lift with bigger tires and your gonna embarrass him pretty bad.

·
Banned
343 Posts
not to but in but, how do you know hes stock? If I were you, I would make dam sure he is if your gonna bring cash into the equation. Once he chips it, = game over for just about everyone...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You will be him in a race IF he is stock. All he has to do is buy a programmer for that thing and your toast. He can add over 100 hp on a diesel with just a programmer. Then if he has an exhaust it makes even more issues for you. All I can say is "diesels are torque monsters and if they are tuned, look out".

·
Registered
583 Posts
It will be very obvious if he's stock and if he decides to be sneaky and use a plug in programmer like Superchips or Predator you've got no visual proof, now if he uses something like Edge Juice w/ Attitude or Bullydog you'll see it plugged into his PCM under the hood along with the in cab programmer.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
SoBeGraphics said:
He already said the Cummins is stock and has a 6 inch lift wit 35's and 18 inch wheels. Cummins loses... END OF STORY.

He may have "said" he's stock and really isn't.... I've got a friend with a Dodge 2500 cummins. They may look like a lumbering beast but that thing is pretty [email protected] fast even with his lift. He does have a chip and you wouldn't know it. I've never raced him but I bet it would be close if not a little faster than my lifted truck.

Make sure you get to check his truck out before you agree to race him. :readclose

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
zo6freak said:
Once he chips it, = game over for just about everyone...
Not everyone, I raced my friends 4door Cummins with an AFE intake, MBRP Exhaust, and a Bullydog Tripledog programmer set at 180HP (extreeme setting) and put bus lengths on him.....with my SRT-10 lol.

I did race him with my Titan too though and beat him by a fender at 80mph, but he only had his chip set to 140HP (performance setting). With his chip set at 180Hp (extreeme setting) his Cummins will smoke my Titan, but not bad that the Titan can still hang with a Chipped diesel to a certain point. The race was from a roll though so who knows how it would go from a dig, probably advantage to the diesel since the whole no 100%TB opening under 40mph.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I raced him... GAME OVER.. NO PROBLEM... It was even good enough for my friend to hang The bird out the window when we was pullin off and leaving him.. ha!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, and you could tell it was completely stock.. We raced from about a 30 MPH roll, and I even let him do the 1 2 3..which makes you have a very good advantage..it was pretty rediculous.. but yea then later that day I decided to be real ****y and race my buddy witch his diesel.. Hes got a Lowered 2500 wit 22s, Builly Dog Chip, Exhaust and alot more, and yea well lets just say I got beat.. ha YEAA ITS FASSSTT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts