Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Stillen Big Brakes front and rear
on my 04 Titan CC, still have a mushy brake feel. The truck stops better because of the bigger brakes but still have to push hard on a mushy peddle.

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Michael

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Airborne said:
Installed Stillen Big Brakes front and rear
on my 04 Titan CC, still have a mushy brake feel. The truck stops better because of the bigger brakes but still have to push hard on a mushy peddle.

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Michael
Got any pics of the new brakes?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roy 365,

Thank you. I have stainless steel lines. I will call Stillen on Friday and order the master cylinder stiffener.
No pictures yet but will work on them. The big brakes do make a difference and were worth the $ and effort. I would recommend the upgrade.

Thank you again.

Michael

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you already have SS lines, you should not have a mushy pedal. I suspect that bleeding the brake lines will solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
i was gonna say BLEED it! not to long ago i had the mushy brake feel and here is what i did to fix it.. i drove aprox 40mph and MASHED on the brakes hard.. dont know what it did but it fixed the soft feeling to them.. good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
titan814 said:
i was gonna say BLEED it! not to long ago i had the mushy brake feel and here is what i did to fix it.. i drove aprox 40mph and MASHED on the brakes hard.. dont know what it did but it fixed the soft feeling to them.. good luck

LOL I did that same exact thing and it fixed my mushy brakes also but they are starting to get mushy again. I would have to say though this is probably not the best way to fix mushy brakes.

·
Premium Member
58,375 Posts
New brake install and they feel mushy............. I agree with Best. Eliminate the most obvious problem and bleed them. Bleeding doesn’t cost much or take much time and it may save you a few bucks. If your brakes need to be bled, buying new parts won’t do any good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone. I will try all of the advice given. If this does not work I guess it is a nice trip to Ca and a visit to Stillen. :futwice: :futwice:

I might as well add the supercharger while I am there.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Michael

1 - 10 of 10 Posts