Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Titan CC Le 4wd Canteen and will receive in May. Does a cover exist that fits with the utliti-track option? Has anyone removed utliti-track to install cover?

·
Registered
740 Posts
other threads

LI Titan said:
I ordered my Titan CC Le 4wd Canteen and will receive in May. Does a cover exist that fits with the utliti-track option? Has anyone removed utliti-track to install cover?

If you check some threads from Deepwater you will see some fresh pics of his Truxedo lo Profile soft top that fits very nicely with the utilitrac.

I am going to purchase one of those myself.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I emailed Access to verify that their cover wouldn't interfere with Unitrack. I'm sure it won't, Access makes nice covers. I'll be picking one up along with XM radio (factory or aftermarket I haven't yet decided) as my first mods. :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I emailed Access to verify that their cover wouldn't interfere with Unitrack. I'm sure it won't, Access makes nice covers. I'll be picking one up along with XM radio (factory or aftermarket I haven't yet decided) as my first mods. :)
bvstone1... Access dose make some nice covers but they do not have the (low profile cover) I like the look of the low profile the best, it dosn't stick up above the bed rails to much. It's a clean look. Just my thoughts. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I tend to agree after seeing those pics. I also just heard from Access that if you want to use their cover, you have to remove the track system, but they are working on one that doesn't need the track system removed.

Do you have any pics posted of how the one you have is mounted? I sort of liked the Access covers because of the 1" raised edge... thought it would shed water better? Maybe not...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I tend to agree after seeing those pics. I also just heard from Access that if you want to use their cover, you have to remove the track system, but they are working on one that doesn't need the track system removed.

Do you have any pics posted of how the one you have is mounted? I sort of liked the Access covers because of the 1" raised edge... thought it would shed water better? Maybe not...
Sure if you look at my pics on the the cover , if you can do a close up, it will show the clamps. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LI Titan said:
I was a Nissan this afternoon and they have a soft cover that works with the utiliti-track. The price installed was 375 and I thought that was a good price. The cover will be on my truck when I recieve in May. I just figured it was easier to have them do it and it will save me time by not going to a truck store or having to install myself. The weather will be good when I get my truck and I would rather be out using it.

Can't Wait.

Tuxedo also has a cover that works.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I also looked at the nissan covers but they didn't interest me because it looks like there is some sort of frame over the tailgate where it attaches (?) I'd have to see one in person to make the descision.

BTW, IIR 375 was the dealer cost on the cover as well... if that's MSRP, I remember that it was only about $20 less for "their cost". Went through a few things trying to squeeze a couple more bucks out of em. LOL. That was one of em.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The Nissan Tonneau cover is a ZIPPER Attachment. They say it dose roll up, but not like a Truxedo or a Access type can. And you can see the metal frame on top of the bed! For $45.00 more you can have a Truxedo cover that is easyer to use and looks better. Have you seen the Nissan cover? It's not flat and the ribs are showing. And it's like a blanket, the ribs are not attached to the cover. Their on the frame. When I looked at the Nissan cover they said it wouldn't work with the track. that clamps were in the way. I did get a price of 285.00 install from the parts guy, he then said it was for the trucks without the Utili-track. Just my thoughts. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deepwater said:
The Nissan Tonneau cover is a ZIPPER Attachment. They say it dose roll up, but not like a Truxedo or a Access type can. And you can see the metal frame on top of the bed! For $45.00 more you can have a Truxedo cover that is easyer to use and looks better. Have you seen the Nissan cover? It's not flat and the ribs are showing. And it's like a blanket, the ribs are not attached to the cover. Their on the frame. When I looked at the Nissan cover they said it wouldn't work with the track. that clamps were in the way. I did get a price of 285.00 install from the parts guy, he then said it was for the trucks without the Utili-track. Just my thoughts. :)[/QUOTE

I am going to go with the truxedo cover. What model did you get? Do you have a part number? Did you have to buy anything extra parts to install since you have the utilit-track/
Where did the frame connect to?

Sorry for so many questions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts