Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So I have to brag I'm waaay excited! I bought those nitto mud grapplers off Tutttitan last Thursday, and before having them mounted on my STOCK wheels, I had PRG Greg hook me up with a quick 2.5" Spacer up front. The combination of the two made the truck look SO Much different I'm way excited.

While there, I talked to Greg about the next step of suspension for me since this stock crap isn't cuttin it! Decided for about $2k I was going to have a setup that would make me happy (he suggests I romp around in it and decide before goin bigger, I'm sure I'll want to go bigger.. unless I find another toy for the dirt before I move on!).

Basically it was going to be upper arms, sway aways front and rear, upgrade spring package for the rear and I believe a couple other things. So I had a $ set in mind that I decided to work for. I head home and as I'm drivin up the pass Greg calls me back!? I'm thinkin "Crap I left somethin down there!"

Turns out theres a guy that lives up here in Hesperia thats got the package I plan on buying - except TC arms instead of Greg's, TC Shackles and radflows instead of the SAWs in the rear. He's gotta get rid of it since he's going to trade his Titan in - I'm pickin it up for WAAAYYYY Cheaper than 2k!!

So yeah - I'm f'in stoked! I can't WAIT. He's not removin the kit for another week and a half and its gonna be hard waiting! So anxious! I'm scroungin cash up - figures right now i'm broke, but theres no way i'm missin out on this deal! Got a buddy who owes me about $700 and my work owes me another $700 bonus check - I got on them about that bonus check after I got off the phone w/ Robert. Shouldn't have much trouble pickin up the kit once the money comes in.

Maybe I'll have it installed by the next MDR race! Woohoo! 1 Problem I've been overlooking -- With the lift, am I gonna have fitment issues w/ my stock wheels? Please say no!? I can't wait to put the lift on, but I definately wont be able to throw down for new wheels so soon...

Ok, I'm done bragging!

Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
We need pics even with just the leveling kit and tires. I was gonna jump on the same deal and i've got the leveling kit. I just decided against the MT's because of noise. It'd be cool to see.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hope everything goes well for you...Cant wait to see the pics after your install:cheers: !!!!!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Stock wheels will work just fine, don't worry...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tires are F'in LOUD! But it looks great. These are 33x12.5x18. the 2.5 spacer Greg put on for me was just what it needed. Parked, wheels cranked both ways - no rubbing. The tires clear the back of the fender wheel by about 3/4" to an 1" and I haven't noticed any signs of rubbing either.

Mike

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The tires are F'in LOUD! But it looks great.
Those tires LOOK loud! They also look like they will ride funky, and more so at low speed.
Those seem way too agressive for street use.

I just dropped my Nitto T/G's in the dirt for the first time yesterday, some hi speed running down Mojave/Randsburg Rd out by Cal city. The frts seem to stick real good, the back end got a little light around the corners, but it was empty. Hit some good ruts and dips at 65-78 mph...At that speed just about all the washboard was history, thank PRG for that...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
BNSFMike said:
Ok, So I have to brag I'm waaay excited! I bought those nitto mud grapplers off Tutttitan last Thursday, and before having them mounted on my STOCK wheels, I had PRG Greg hook me up with a quick 2.5" Spacer up front. The combination of the two made the truck look SO Much different I'm way excited.

While there, I talked to Greg about the next step of suspension for me since this stock crap isn't cuttin it! Decided for about $2k I was going to have a setup that would make me happy (he suggests I romp around in it and decide before goin bigger, I'm sure I'll want to go bigger.. unless I find another toy for the dirt before I move on!).

Basically it was going to be upper arms, sway aways front and rear, upgrade spring package for the rear and I believe a couple other things. So I had a $ set in mind that I decided to work for. I head home and as I'm drivin up the pass Greg calls me back!? I'm thinkin "Crap I left somethin down there!"

Turns out theres a guy that lives up here in Hesperia thats got the package I plan on buying - except TC arms instead of Greg's, TC Shackles and radflows instead of the SAWs in the rear. He's gotta get rid of it since he's going to trade his Titan in - I'm pickin it up for WAAAYYYY Cheaper than 2k!!

So yeah - I'm f'in stoked! I can't WAIT. He's not removin the kit for another week and a half and its gonna be hard waiting! So anxious! I'm scroungin cash up - figures right now i'm broke, but theres no way i'm missin out on this deal! Got a buddy who owes me about $700 and my work owes me another $700 bonus check - I got on them about that bonus check after I got off the phone w/ Robert. Shouldn't have much trouble pickin up the kit once the money comes in.

Maybe I'll have it installed by the next MDR race! Woohoo! 1 Problem I've been overlooking -- With the lift, am I gonna have fitment issues w/ my stock wheels? Please say no!? I can't wait to put the lift on, but I definately wont be able to throw down for new wheels so soon...

Ok, I'm done bragging!

Mike
Cobrats dude. If for some reason you cant get the dough, will you pass the info to me for purchase. I'm looking at the performance package. Pm me if you can't swing it and wanna hoop up another TT member.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You requested pictures, and I *Finally* Deliver (I know in the past I've put off takin shots of my truck and still haven't posted any) Well today after I posted this I went for a drive up to Silverwood Lake. I was lookin for an old trail I took about 5 yrs ago w/ some friends - was real neat had a cool waterfall you could park next to and hike up (there was only a little bit of water running/trickling at hte time) Couldn't find the damn spot I went to before, but I did have some fun rompin down these dirt roads! Anyways, I thought what better place to take some shots - so I did! These are using my iPhone's camera - and mind you I am a *horrible* photographer. I always seem to take a blurry shot! These came out surprisingly well.

I'll cmment more from my iPhone - starbucks is closing right now I gotta post this quick and bail

·
Registered
218 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Looks like Mike had a real exciting day! Congrats on the upgrades today and coming soon. The pics look pretty good. Impressive for a phone cam! Don't need anything better for the net. Enjoy!

You have a good eye for composition! Nice shots!

I got to meet Greg and Jen at the NJ meet a month ago, they are a fine couple, really enjoyed chatting with both of them. I'm jealous, you got to actualy go to his shop! I'm only about 3500 miles away. lol. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So there you have it! 33" mud grapplers on the 2wd Titan with only a 2.5" spacer up front! As far as the shots - thanks! I just thought about other pics I've seen online and copied them :p The basic mountain top shot - windows down and up (had to hide my shadow since the sun was right behind me, which is why the back is cut off). Then ofcourse the Classic Tire on Boulder shot which is kind of a spoof since my truck is a 2wd! I had to hit it with some momentum because just pushing on it left me spinning my rear tire! The hill was already fairly steep as I'm sure you can tell from the pics. Guess a Detroit locker is gonna be added to my list of "needs"!

All in all I had fun. They were pretty easy trails, couple I was spinning tires to get up! Have to go back - got a lead on where that waterfall is, I was told I would probably need a 4x but we'll see!

Mike

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
nice. nothing better than a titan with a mild lift, low COG, and aggressive tire & suspension set up (which you'll have soon, congrats)

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
The TrueTrac will do you well, I'm loving mine (though I don't let it see any dirt, my Titan is a surbanite!). :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts