Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-bought my 2019 pro-4x right before the poop hit the fan March 2020. I have a few small questions and would love to hear from experienced titan owners. Thanks in advance!
1. How can I get speedometer to show digitally in steering wheel display? This display shows my tire pressure and the angles of the truck and a million other things. Is there a way it can show speed?

2. I would like a larger cup holder for my 40 oz hydro flask-is there anything in the aftermarket?

3. How much can I expect to pay to make my tailgate auto lock with the fob? Would need to look totally stock. Use Nissan dealer or something else?

4. How much can I expect to pay to get remote start installed? Use Nissan dealer or something else?

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Nissan remote start $210 online,consists of a new safety hood latch and 2 remotes, dealer typically charges one hours labor to program. I put the latch in myself and tech only charged $50 and 15 minutes to do it.
It’s plug and play so I wouldn’t use anything else.

Clint

Reactions: Outoforder

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't believe that there is any way to show speedometer on the instrument cluster display on these trucks, at least I have never seen it before.

Nissan used to make a tailgate actuator kit you could get, part number 999M2-W3005. From what I am seeing is that it has been discontinued. There are aftermarket kits out there that you can use though, I know the Nissan ones were kind of crappy.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello-bought my 2019 pro-4x right before the poop hit the fan March 2020. I have a few small questions and would love to hear from experienced titan owners. Thanks in advance!
1. How can I get speedometer to show digitally in steering wheel display? This display shows my tire pressure and the angles of the truck and a million other things. Is there a way it can show speed?

2. I would like a larger cup holder for my 40 oz hydro flask-is there anything in the aftermarket?

3. How much can I expect to pay to make my tailgate auto lock with the fob? Would need to look totally stock. Use Nissan dealer or something else?

4. How much can I expect to pay to get remote start installed? Use Nissan dealer or something else?
One work around is that with Android Auto active and a destination set, your actual speed is displayed on Head Unit display along with the MPH of the area you're passing through. At least it does in my mother-in-law's Chrysler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might try ShawnTexan Products. He makes things for our trucks. Contact them and find out what they can do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Added my “old man step today”. Pretty easy install other than getting the bolts off the frame. I think remote start is next up for me.
A73EE77D-FDBA-43D4-BAD5-9054CA418C76.jpeg
A73EE77D-FDBA-43D4-BAD5-9054CA418C76.jpeg

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
164 Posts
My recently purchased 2012 came with the "old man step" on it. It's something that I probably never would have thought of adding on myself, but I love the dang thing! It makes bed access so easy, especially for my wife and son. (My wife is pretty short and my son has autism, which affects his coordination.) I use it all the time, just for the convenience (and partially because it's just a cool gadget, if I'm being really honest, lol). I'm so glad the step was already there! I no longer think of it as just for old men.

For a remote start, the plug-and-play Nissan system sure looks attractive. You might also want to look at the Viper SmartStart systems that Best Buy installs. (Full disclosure, I work for Best Buy.) I'm going to add one to my truck soon. They can be controlled from a phone app, which gives it unlimited range and two-way communication for start confirmation, alarm alerts, even vehicle data, location and more. Heck, even the key fobs have 1/4 mile to a full mile range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Change to my previous post, the actuator kit can still be bought online, my fault
I found one on eBay but everywhere else I was told they are discontinued and one person on Amazon said Nissan told them they're not allowed to sell them but the dealers all say they're discontinued unless they have one on the shelf then you can't get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought mine from eBay. ‘Trader23” is the seller—-$205. Looks like he has more. I would have liked it to be in the 150 range, but what can you do?

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
164 Posts
If you're willing to do the work, you could check all the local Pick-a-Part yards. There are bound to be a few on wrecked trucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you're willing to do the work, you could check all the local Pick-a-Part yards. There are bound to be a few on wrecked trucks.
My local wrecking yards are higher than the dealer. 🤣
Needed a wheel for my dads 2006 Murano got it from the dealer for $225.00 wrecking yards were asking $275-$300 and they looked bad

1 - 20 of 25 Posts