Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know to much about the whole line up of titan even though i have had mine for a while. I was wondering if some titan sit higher than others. If so what do i need to make my truck sit that high with out a lift.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The 08 and new Titans sit higher then the earlier models, and of coarse 4x4's sit higher the 4x2's. You can get a leveling kit, or you can get some Bilstein ride height adjustable shocks which can give like an extra two inches..

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I know that a 4x4 sits higher than a 4x2 and a pro4x sits higher than both. I had an a SE 4x4 that sat 36.5" in the frt and 39" in the rear and my pro4x sat at 37.5" in the frt and 39" in the rear.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My 09 se 4x4, sits at 40" all the way around. All I have are the 5100's at all four corners. My fronts are on the middle setting. I also have 275/70-18 tires.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah i think i have 265 tires and mines a 2006 so which would be cheaper a leveling kit or the shocks. Also is that all i need is the shocks to give it a few inches. I figured if i installed those shocks i would have to purchase something else. The other day i was next to a newer titan and it was a littttttttle bit bigger than mine stock and i felt like a frikkin S10 or something i rolled up my tinted windows and slid down in my seat lol

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Since you have an 06 the shocks are probably shot anyway. The 5100's will accomplish both by giving you a better ride and raising the front.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one site i looked at says i need atleast a 1" lift to put the 5100's on the rear?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also no one answered my question i dont think, can i buy just the front 5100's install them and that will give me up to 2" of lift, no other parts required?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Since you are a 2006, pick up a set of the 2008 and newer front springs for the 4x4. The springs are longer on the newer trucks, and that will raise you up some as well. That with the 5100s may be your best bet, there are a lot of people on here who have done that, may want to wait and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I did what RxZ said 5100's, 08 springs, middle setting and I gained 2.5 inches lift in the front. I also have 5100's in the rear and you can go with the stock height or at a 1" block like I did to get it slightly higher in the rear than the front.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If I were you I would look for PRO4X springs with a 1.5" spacer and get the bilstien hd's instead of the 5100's. 5100's ride a little rough for my taste.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts