Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I need to see if anyone else has noticed this about their Titan or not....I don't usually drive out where I was driving this aftn, so after 3 1/2 yrs this is the first I've noticed this on my Titan, so I'm not sure if it is normal or not....

Ok, so I'm driving out in the Texas Hill Country today and if you are unfamilar, there are many roadways there that are situated to go down into a valley and back up to a ridgeline or over a hill, and I noticed that several times I would go down decline and I would feel the engine downshifting to hold the speed going down the hill and I noticed that the RPM would spike up around 3500-4000 at the same time and then once at the bottom of the hill and advancing into the incline it would drop back down around 2000 and run like normal. Any ideas or is this a normal thing to happen with regards to driving inclines.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Electronic braking of the Transmission.

All Titans do it.

If you hit the gas it will come out of it.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bbomar said:
Electronic braking of the Transmission.

All Titans do it.

If you hit the gas it will come out of it.
that's what I figured....just never had it happen before (that's what i get for doing too much city driving!)

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Very cool feature. It happens when I travel through the mountains of north GA.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Some like this feature.... I can't stand it. It's somewhat unpredictable and random when it does it. If I want the engine to brake the truck I just grab the shift lever and move it myself. fwiw it only does it in OD so you can just put it in '4' and it won't have a mind of its own....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just noticed this a few days ago also and I like it. I was driving down some pretty steep hills and I noticed the truck downshift when I hit the brake and it stayed in that gear. The harder I pressed the brake the more it downshifted. I live in a pretty hilly area so it saves on brake wear.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mtofell said:
Some like this feature.... I can't stand it. It's somewhat unpredictable and random when it does it. If I want the engine to brake the truck I just grab the shift lever and move it myself. fwiw it only does it in OD so you can just put it in '4' and it won't have a mind of its own....
I kinda like it, but considering in the 3 1/2 yrs I've had the truck, I've just never experienced it before. I've had a few issues with what seems like heistation and I wasn't sure if it was related to that - now I know next time I'm out where its a bit more hilly and it downshifts, what it is, plus how to stop it so I can do it myself :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts