Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey check this out I pull up shut off the truck and am yakin on the phone when my speed odemeter needle jumps up to twenty mph floats back down twitches then hangs at one mph. I thougt I should get a preist so I start it up and shut it back down and watch it and it does it again only this time i notice that it jump when the alarm light starts to flash does anyone have a clue as to what this is . and should I go to teh service tech or get a preist to do na exorsiam?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine does that once in a while. It looks like some kind of needle reset test. I noticed that on the delivery walkaround while I played with the stereo. Mine is a XE with no alarm, keyless, etc.

Some HD trucks flash all the needles to max on startup.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine does this sometimes too. The other gauges seem to go up as the tach does. It actually kind of scares me when I take off from a stop light and the oil temp is at redline. Really though, I am not overally concerned. It returns to normal within the first few miles of startup.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
i test drove two Titans prior to buying mine and i saw the speedometer needle jump too. even on mine i've seen it do it, but only once, kinda weird, hopefully, like what CI338 said, its serves a purpose. oh well, nature of the beast.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Mine has also done this a minute or two after shutting it off. Also I hear some weird noises from the A/C vents sometimes after turning her off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
air vents

dman said:
Mine has also done this a minute or two after shutting it off. Also I hear some weird noises from the A/C vents sometimes after turning her off.
Yeah I hear the vent noise I assume that they close after x amount of time to keep out outside air first time i heard it I about freaked but it does it every time so I hope its supposed to do that

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I haven'ty looked into the service manual yet...but I would almost be that the system is vacumn controlled like a lot of Nissans and your hearing the pressure release/shutting of the vents etc.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts