Nissan Titan Forum banner

Something you haven't noticed on your Titan..

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Cienfuegos 
#1 ·
well probably anyhow. I was sitting in my Titan tonight with the headlights on and put my hand up around the map lights to switch them on. I noticed that when my hand got close some light was reflecting off of it. Well guess what...there is a little LED light between the two map lights and just in front of the "Door-off-on" switch that controls the interior lights. This is in the overhead console close to the mirror. The bulb is pointing straight down and is in a little recessed area. Not sure what this light is there for exactly and never noticed it before. It only is on when the headlights are on and puts out very little light. So my question is...1)have you ever noticed this before, and 2) what the heck is it there for?

#5 ·
pistonpete said:
Actually, I had noticed it the other day but I didn't realize that you can just tap the individual map lights themselves until I accidentally clicked one on. I was always using the switch there to the on position.
Sounds like you did the same thing that i did Pete. I was saying, "geeze, having BOTH map lights on sure is a bit too bright sometimes......then one day while goofing around i accidentally clicked just one of them on. it was a pleasant surprise :hat:

#6 ·
pistonpete said:
Actually, I had noticed it the other day but I didn't realize that you can just tap the individual map lights themselves until I accidentally clicked one on. I was always using the switch there to the on position.
Actually I am not talking about the map lights at all, there is ANOTHER little light (actually just a small bulb) inbetween the map lights that stays on all the time when the headlights are on. Just get down really low in your seat and look straight up between the map lights and you will see the indention in the plastic (overhead console) where the bulb sits.

#7 ·
dman, i actually think i was goofing around with the light that your speaking of when i accidentally discovered i could click on the map lights individually.
In my Armada owners manual they call the light your talking about a "console light". it says that the brightness is adjustable with the illumination brigthness control thats on the dash.

#8 ·
dboogie said:
dman, i actually think i was goofing around with the light that your speaking of when i accidentally discovered i could click on the map lights individually.
In my Armada owners manual they call the light your talking about a "console light". it says that the brightness is adjustable with the illumination brigthness control thats on the dash.
Cool, I didn't even know that it was mentioned in the manual at all. I read the whole manual including the 30 pages or so on seatbelts. I guess I overlooked the little light page or something ;)

#11 ·
That litttle light is a nice detail. I followed it last night while it was good and dark, and it points down into the center console storage bins between the front seats. It's very subtle, but it actually lets you see what's down in them. My other car is a GMC Envoy and the center storage box is absolutly black unless you turn on the dome lights. Thanks for pointing that out, it's one more thing to appreciate about my Titan.

:cheers:

#12 · (Edited)
To notice the effects of that little light you have to be driving in country where there is no artificial light coming in the windows. This light cast a very dim light, almost like moon light on the shifter / cup holder area of the console-very cool.

dman, you are very observant! Perhaps you should be employed as manager of final inspection at the Titan plant.

#14 ·
pistonpete said:
I was doing the opposite, clicking on the individual lights, then I noticed "Wow, you can turn all the interior lights on with just one switch!"

#15 ·
Bayou Titan said:
To notice the effects of that little light you have to be driving in country where there is no artificial light coming in the windows. This light cast a very dim light, almost like moon light on the shifter / cup holder area of the console-very cool.

dman, you are very observant! Perhaps you should be employed as manager of final inspection at the Titan plant.

You really do need a dark area to follow it. I though at first that the light was from the radio, but that's not high enough to spill light down into the bottom of the console bin. To get light in there it had to be either mounted inside the box or shinning down from the roof.

Nissan was doing some serious detail work there!

#16 ·
BMW have these lights also, I enjoy them in my family's other vehicles (all BMWs) and consider them to be perfect for interior lumination while driving.

So if the Titans got them then great! :cheers:

May cannot come soon enough :teethmast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.