Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With just over 500 miles on my new Titan I backed into my mailbox last night. Thankfully only the clearcoat got a bit scratched but i put a dime sized hole in the clear part of my taillight!

GRRRR. So who can recommend some nice aftermarket tail lights? Does anyone make a cool looking, non-riceboy taillight for an '08?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would stick with the OEM tail lights. Unless you can get your hands on some Volant LED tail lights. I don't believe they make them anymore. There may be some other brands that are good LED tail lights. The altezza ones on ebay are mostly junk, imo.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Maybe a back up camera is a good idea.:lol: J/K. I haven't seen any after market tail lights other than the Volant LED's that don't scream ricer. Best of luck getting it repaired.:D

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blavis said:
Sorry to hear that. Maybe a back up camera is a good idea.:lol: J/K. I haven't seen any after market tail lights other than the Volant LED's that don't scream ricer. Best of luck getting it repaired.:D
I'll probably go OEM - I wonder if 07 lights are the same for an 08? None of the autopart websites around here stock any 08 parts yet.

On the brighter side I just checked the 'scratches' again and they're actually residue from the mailbox. I can use my fingernail to take them off, which means I can wax them right off no problem.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
So.......were you doing some of the drinky drinky or did a deer jump out in front of you, or behind you....no must be the drinky drinky.:jester:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
luvbelly said:
So.......were you doing some of the drinky drinky or did a deer jump out in front of you, or behind you....no must be the drinky drinky.:jester:
No way! I had parked it on the street to clear some trees. My father-in-law and his friends came by to help and one of them took my Titan for a drive. When he came back he parked it closer to the mailbox than I did. Then I jumped back in it last night in the dark to move it and by the time the backup sensors kicked in I was already rolling over the mailbox. :crying:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do not feel too bad. I did the same thing maybe, I have a 3 foot indented scrape on the bed part of the truck. Wax will not cure this one. Although I did not notice it until my girlfriend mentioned it, and she just got done driving the truck. So I blame her, she likes smashing cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your not the only one so don't feel bad. I did the same thing but it was the trash can I forgot was there until it was too late. I was backing out cutting the front and bam too late. Passenger side fender well smashed in. Had to pick up all my trash about 5:30 in the morning while it was still dark outside and ended up being late for work. To top it all off I had to explain over and over why my truck is all banged up and everyone laughing at me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
sh!t...lucky it was just a mailbox

i backed into my ex-wife's car...the sensors didnt work to well that day...lol. now she's got a huge dent in the hood. a nice reminder of me whenever she sees it...lmao

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well to top it off I went to Lowes today and while I was still sitting in my truck some *** in a POS grandam pulls up next to me, opens his doors and scratches the rail molding on the passenger side door.

I get out and am like WTF dude? and he says "well it happens..." and i just go off on him. I explain quite harshly how the truck is one week old and he shrugs his shoulders. I tell him 'thanks for being a retard' and he walks away. So I donkey kicked his door in and drove off.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
anmut said:
Well to top it off I went to Lowes today and while I was still sitting in my truck some *** in a POS grandam pulls up next to me, opens his doors and scratches the rail molding on the passenger side door.

I get out and am like WTF dude? and he says "well it happens..." and i just go off on him. I explain quite harshly how the truck is one week old and he shrugs his shoulders. I tell him 'thanks for being a retard' and he walks away. So I donkey kicked his door in and drove off.
You can call the police and he is responbible for the damage. As long as the two vehicles touched it is technically an accident. My Mustang GT was just out of the body shop and an A-hole opened his door into it and long story short there was a $550 check in my mailbox for the ding and repaint which I did have fixed.

Clint

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I got home the scratch was more in the clear coat than anything. I felt better about it when I left and his door had a size 12 dent in it. *evil*

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just one thing to add- If you have the Utility bed package, the lights are different. If shopping on-line, make sure you know what you're looking at.

·
Registered
662 Posts
anmut said:

Our trucks are to nice to park in the general population. Next time park way at the end of the parking lot. Good luck getting your tail light fixed.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
anmut said:
No way! I had parked it on the street to clear some trees. My father-in-law and his friends came by to help and one of them took my Titan for a drive. When he came back he parked it closer to the mailbox than I did. Then I jumped back in it last night in the dark to move it and by the time the backup sensors kicked in I was already rolling over the mailbox. :crying:
I hate that.
I used to make fun of cars with backup sensors and dents on the *** end but now I see how it happens.

i'll admit I've gotten lazy and don't look in my mirrors like I should when backing I just wait for them to beep most of the time. I backed into a parking stall a few days ago at a friends apartment and hit a cabnet mounted up on the wall probably because the sensors only saw the curb and I wadn't looking.

on the other hand I didn't dare ask but a friend of mine has a yukon with backup sensors and a camera and a scratch in the bumper. I don't think I want to know. 3 mirrors, camera, sonar... damn...

·
Registered
805 Posts
bummer.....

dont feel bad tho. i almost tore off my drivers side door vis-a-vis a tree while accidently sticking it in reverse and flooring it.... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts