Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 crew cab, no tow package, and I just bought a jet ski with trailer. I purchased one each of the blue and brown relays but the trailer lights seem to work just fine with only the blue relay installed. I think the extra brown one is just for trailer brakes maybe, which I don't have and therefore I don't need this relay?

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
For an 05 to have all relays installed there are 2 brown and one blue. The first brown is already there as it is for the reverse lights, ignore that one. The other brown is for trailer brakes and the blue is for the trailer lights. You can run without the second brown and without the blue just without trailer running lights.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
TxTitanChris said:
I have an '05 crew cab, no tow package, and I just bought a jet ski with trailer. I purchased one each of the blue and brown relays but the trailer lights seem to work just fine with only the blue relay installed. I think the extra brown one is just for trailer brakes maybe, which I don't have and therefore I don't need this relay?

Chris
The brown one provide 12v power to the trailer (say a big trailer with power outlet, ect....). It is not for trailer brakes.:D
You will have brake light and turn signals without any relays, but you must install the smaller of the two relays to have trailer running (tail) lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts