Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last change I switched to Mobil 1. I have not noticed anything different after switching to syntheic and I am seriously thinking about going back to Chevron supreme. I read that Chevron is really good, plus I change it out every 3000k anyway. Or should I keep using synthetic?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I run my Mobil 1 for about 7k. I was told this was fine with the Mobil1 synthetic. it comes out looking good for being in for 6-7k.
I wouldn't trust a conventional oil for that long though.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
IMO, you are wasting your money on synthetics if you are changing every 3000 miles. If you are using that change interval, go back to the chevron.

·
Registered
976 Posts
vipzach said:
IMO, you are wasting your money on synthetics if you are changing every 3000 miles. If you are using that change interval, go back to the chevron.
agreed, not worth it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, I ment I change the chevron every 3000k, sometimes less. I got 3500 on the mobil 1 right now, I was going to change it at 5000k. I was just wondering if its worth it to keep using synthetic? Thanks

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I have the Royal Purple stuff and I think I'm gonna keep it in until 8K or so...the oil still looks new after 2500 miles! If you are doing 3K intervals....stick to the mineral oils cause the synthetics last a lot longer periods...and changing the synthetics at 3K's is a waist of money.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you change the Mobil 1 before 7500 miles you are wasting your money. What do you mean you didn't notice anything different? What were you expecting? Synthetics will reduce wear, extend oil changes and prevent deposits. You would only notice the extended oil changes now. The other two you wouldn't notice for a very long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts