Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i once found a web page on sound deadening that i can not find. :computern someone here might know where it is at. it shows all knids of deadening mats then he stick them to a sheet pan and throws it into the oven for a heat test and in the fridge for the cold to see what holds up best. it was a good bit of info i would like to re-read.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sure man, no problem.
I think that the second skin is probably the best you can buy but its kinda pricey. I used RAAMat the last time and I liked it. Whatever you get just make sure its Butyl based not asphalt.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the raamat is most likely the one i will go with also. i am gonna do more research on every thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not to hijack the tread but my buddy and I are both also looking at the Raamat. Figure both go in together for the savings.

Any estimate on how much is needed for the floor, back wall and all 4 doors? Figure on 3 rolls of 62.5 sqft. That sound about right?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'd say with 3 rolls then you should be ok. If you guys want I'll contact Rick and see if he could cut us a break and get a group buy going.

Anyone else interested??? I figure if I can get an estimate as to how much we need maybe he will cut us a break.

·
Registered
147 Posts
t22a80 said:
I'd say with 3 rolls then you should be ok. If you guys want I'll contact Rick and see if he could cut us a break and get a group buy going.

Anyone else interested??? I figure if I can get an estimate as to how much we need maybe he will cut us a break.
I'd be in for 2 rolls...Probably a few yards of ensolite too...

·
Registered
140 Posts
So between my buddy and I we will be ordering up 6 rolls.
I have another guy at work that sounds interested and I will hit him up again tomorrow.
So 6 rolls here no matter what.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
20% off Second Skin when you sign up for their forum.
Thats probably a pretty good deal too.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Ghostface said:
So between my buddy and I we will be ordering up 6 rolls.
I have another guy at work that sounds interested and I will hit him up again tomorrow.
So 6 rolls here no matter what.
OK cool, I'll contact Rick sometime next week so if anyone else wants in then put it down by Monday. I'm not promising anything but its worth a shot.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I've heard good and bad about the ED stuff. I think the new products they are making are much better than the old stuff.

Is that what you used Bestatchess?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Yah it can run, but also it stinks! It can really smell up the inside of your vehicle.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
debos titan said:
where does the most road noise come from in our trucks? i am gonna do the doors fosho.
The entire truck, HAHA. Deadening the doors will make your mid bass sound so much better. I would do the roof, rear wall, the entire floor and all doors. It is a lot of work but well worth it. Our trucks are tin cans and are wired poorly.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Any butyl based is fine. I would honestly go with whatever you get the best deal on. I could not imagine a real world difference if you used something like eDead or FatMat vs Second skin or RAAMmat. Some adhere better than others but if rolled properly I don't think you will have a problem with that. 150 sq ft is a good amount to cover the Titan. You will be sick of deadening by that point anyway.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:dunno: yeah i am on a budget so cheeper is better. now a nother question. i have to do this in stages. should i get a nice set of components or sound deaden 1st..

1 - 20 of 85 Posts