Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
t22a80 said:
Is that the set that Crutchfield had that killer deal on?

Retail is $1200.00 on the XXV's or some BS like that. Crutchfield sold them for $1000 a pair which they are definately not worth. When Kenwood decided to give them away a few places were selling super cheap including Crutchfield but I think prices are around $300 now. They are good components at that price especially if you like your mid bass.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Well that mag usualy has somewhat revelant review really. Better than others anyways of course it's not 100%! Hell I'm sure they are as biased as antyhing else, but it is just another source of info.

I'd go with MS6 over memphis but I have not heard either, I just don't like the trend that any sub manufactured can release components and people expect them to be as good as their subs.

IMO Comps are still more important than subs...Not everyone listen to rap you know. And Sub frequencies are only a small part of most mosic. I get a decent amount of midbass from my comps anyways. I will never suggest adding a sub to the factory titan system before comps. Try this turn yoru comps off and drive around with just the sub playing, or just the sub and speakers powered off the HU! Sounds like ****. I laugh to myself when a car drives down the road and all you hear is the trunk ratteling like crazy, over the exhuast, and speakers or and even the sub itself.

How can subs possibly be more important than comps unless your competing for SPL or something?

Oh yea can I can easily tell the difference between comp sets, yes some sound similar and there is alot of plain marketing involved. I dunno I guess I like a little more than just Bass in the music I listen to!

Have not heard those kenwood P but I had some excelons and they sucked ***. Well they sounded many times better than stock but not even close to iridiums.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
I am with you on the components and I agree personally. Kenwood has made many crap speakers, subs, amps, etc. Their Anniversary line is pretty solid though. I am simply stating most people including many of my clients could never tell the difference in components. I have amplified and used the factory speakers in many cars and most customers are completely satisfied. The factory speakers in the Titan sound surprisingly decent with the correct crossover point and an amplifier. It is adequate for a lot of the buyers out there. Its not for everyone and definately not for me but most people have no clue regaurdless of how deep their pockets are.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Its hard to judge components after hearing them in someone elses vehicle. You really need to own them yourself and adjust them the way you would like them to get a good idea of what they are capable of. I have heard many systems people have spent 15-$20k on that sounded like butt to me even though they were running awesome equipment. Tuning is key.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
P-Dizzle said:
I am with you on the components and I agree personally. Kenwood has made many crap speakers, subs, amps, etc. Their Anniversary line is pretty solid though. I am simply stating most people including many of my clients could never tell the difference in components. I have amplified and used the factory speakers in many cars and most customers are completely satisfied. The factory speakers in the Titan sound surprisingly decent with the correct crossover point and an amplifier. It is adequate for a lot of the buyers out there. Its not for everyone and definately not for me but most people have no clue regaurdless of how deep their pockets are.
my factory speakers sound crappy with my amp pushing them. memphis 75w 2-channel at 4ohms. they are powering all factory speakers and also some tweets i put in the back. they will distort like crazy even with the gain almost all the way down. mabe i just listen to my music to loud.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
debos titan said:
my factory speakers sound crappy with my amp pushing them. memphis 75w 2-channel at 4ohms. they are powering all factory speakers and also some tweets i put in the back. they will distort like crazy even with the gain almost all the way down. mabe i just listen to my music to loud.

Not for everyone. Are you running the factory head unit?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
the HU is not running anything at all i was going to wire the tweets to it buy i just took the lazy way until i can get some time off.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
debos titan said:
Nah stock titan speakers really are crap, look like crap, and sound like it too, paper tweeters that distort like crazy and empty hollow sounidng 6x9 mids. Many cars have better factory sound than the titan from my experience. Since the mids are only 2 ohms (if I remember right) you might be putting quite alot of power into them though :)

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
debos titan said:
yeah that distort like crazy. soon i will get some 6.5 comps.
Haha. To you and I they distort. You would be surprised by the people that think it sounds great.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
20 watts and paper, it doesn't get any better than that. I highly doubt the Fosgate System uses any better speakers.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts