Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on doing one layer of Raammat or equivelant on my inner and outer door skins when I install my new door speakers, but I was wondering if it is worth the time? I'm looking to reduce in-cab noise a bit and make the door speaker sound quality improve. I've seen some forums stating that a layer of neopreme like EDead V4 on top is necessary to actually reduce road / wind noise.

Just looking for some experiences.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
MikeB said:
I was planning on doing one layer of Raammat or equivelant on my inner and outer door skins when I install my new door speakers, but I was wondering if it is worth the time? I'm looking to reduce in-cab noise a bit and make the door speaker sound quality improve. I've seen some forums stating that a layer of neopreme like EDead V4 on top is necessary to actually reduce road / wind noise.

Thanks,

Mike

check with tech he can hook u up with some good stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
MikeB said:

Thanks,

Mike
Sound deadening does wonders but if your not an SQ guy don't waste your time or money...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yes it is worthwhile. I used 2 layers of b-quiet on the doors, floors, firewall, rear cab wall. Also put the neoprene type stuff on the floor. IMHO, alot of noise comes from the rear cab wall resonating with the exhaust noise.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I used Raamatt. It works well and is reasonably priced. You can read more about it here. http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi I used the deadning then put the foam over everything.

PM me for more info about a discount. Or order FATMAT from James his stuff is decent too.

Like Best said, the back wall needs it also the doors helped too. And if you are willing to do the work the roof is very thin.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Yes it makes a difference. I just finished doing the rear cab wall on my King Cab and noticed a nice improvement in the bass response I get from my JL sub...the bass is more solid. The truck seems more solid in that area. I used Dynamat Extreme and Dynapad. Not a huge difference in exhaust drone but it did help alot of the exhaust drone/noise is coming from the vent behind the passenger seat. Not a fun job but worth it. The doors are next!

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
gary748 said:
Yes it makes a difference. I just finished doing the rear cab wall on my King Cab and noticed a nice improvement in the bass response I get from my JL sub...the bass is more solid. The truck seems more solid in that area. I used Dynamat Extreme and Dynapad. Not a huge difference in exhaust drone but it did help alot of the exhaust drone/noise is coming from the vent behind the passenger seat. Not a fun job but worth it. The doors are next!
Sections is the way to do it. Spending 3 days straight deadening an entire vehicle blows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts