Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I want to change things up a little. I have 20x9 Xd Addicts 5.71 bs with with 8000 miles on them. Absolutely no curb rub on the wheels, they're clean. If there is any one in the greater San Antonio area that wants to trade rims, (I would like to stay with 20s) let me know. I thinking of going with all black wheels with greater back spacing i.e. 5"-4.5". Anybody with Xd black Hoss wheels as an example?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
wanna change things up and swap bumpers?? :bump::bump:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wanna change things up and swap bumpers?? :bump::bump:
Oh man don't get me started with that bumper. Too much blood, sweat and tears painting that stupid thing. It turned out really good though, just a lot of work. You can get some Nissan G-10 spray paint (on ebay) which is the Galaxy black and give it a few coats and then sand it smooth, (remove orange peel) then shoot it with a few coats of clear and sand, polish, and buff to a shine. You should do it, its a good weekend project. :teeth:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've got 17" with 33 nitto terra grappler 2300k miles on tires.
Interested?

·
Registered
259 Posts
haha dang! how many cans did it take to do it all? and why did you paint then sand and paint more then re-sand? and why not sand first then paint and then clear? i just painted my rear nissan emblem on the tailgate that way and it turned out nice...but Im in the process of murdering my truck and hate the chrome bumpers but way to expensive to get new ones i went to the dealership today for my recall and asked them about it and they told me it would be 1k for both!! way to much for me

Oh man don't get me started with that bumper. Too much blood, sweat and tears painting that stupid thing. It turned out really good though, just a lot of work. You can get some Nissan G-10 spray paint (on ebay) which is the Galaxy black and give it a few coats and then sand it smooth, (remove orange peel) then shoot it with a few coats of clear and sand, polish, and buff to a shine. You should do it, its a good weekend project. :teeth:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got 17" with 33 nitto terra grappler 2300k miles on tires.
Interested?
Thanks for the offer but I think I'm gonna stick with 20s.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha dang! how many cans did it take to do it all? and why did you paint then sand and paint more then re-sand? and why not sand first then paint and then clear? i just painted my rear nissan emblem on the tailgate that way and it turned out nice...but Im in the process of murdering my truck and hate the chrome bumpers but way to expensive to get new ones i went to the dealership today for my recall and asked them about it and they told me it would be 1k for both!! way to much for me
The reason for sanding in between the primer, paint and clear is to remove the "orange peel" pattern that occurs after spraying. The sanding between steps is wet sanding of course (with 600-1000 grit) which makes for a smooth surface. The smoother the surface the better the shine because light reflects from the paint to your eye evenly giving a constant shine, conversely, light is scattered when it hits an uneven orange peel painted surface bringing less light back to your eye, which of course, is perceived as a dull paint job. Usually you'll see on the bottom aspect of most cars retain the orange peel from the factory for durability purposes.

I think I used, 1-2 cans of primer, 3 cans of G10 and 2 cans of clear. The worst part is waiting the appropiate amount of time between coats. The key is multiple light coats and wet sand between stages. Don't pay to get it done, take a weekend, its a fun project.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
nice wheels and truck.... bedlined them and get some spacers.... ;)

Reactions: rsh46

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice wheels and truck.... bedlined them and get some spacers.... ;)
Thanks man I appreciate it. Much more on the way. Gotta get some leather and some other things are on my radar.
Spacers are an option... I have researched the idea, however, everyone I talk to about spacers says it's not a good idea. But I might if I can't figure anything else out. I love my wheels jut wish the bs was greater and had a deeper dish appearance.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I've been thinking of just painting my wheels black. The wheels are the only thing that is keeping my truck from being all blacked out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been thinking of just painting my wheels black. The wheels are the only thing that is keeping my truck from being all blacked out.
Do it man, it would make your truck look even better. I'd recommend getting someone to powder coat them for a reasonable price. Id like to see someones truck with the center of the wheel coated flat black and the outer lip coated satin or semi gloss. Post some pics if you paint them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts