Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im gonna order my billsteins for my titan all the way around. But i want to also get it level.. SOOO im wondering whats about the best Spacers, Or new coils?? They both cost about the same actually.. But im reading here that the spacers sometimes hit the bucket. And the springs say they guarantee this wont happen.. What do you al think and what are the pros and cons of each..

Im gonna order tonight so hopefully il get some good input here on what to order.. thanks!!

heres the coils i was thinking about ordering..
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/2212-front-lift-coils-for-titan-p-3976.html

These are the spacers i was debating on..
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/titan-25-inch-front-leveling-kit-p-6224.html

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I would not get those coils. From what i've read on here and other forums, they make the ride extremely stiff and are prone to break. I would get the 08+ 4x4 coils from Fontana Nissan and put the Bilsteins on the second notch. It is what i am currently running, without a sway bar, and I am sitting at 39.5" all the way around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not get those coils. From what i've read on here and other forums, they make the ride extremely stiff and are prone to break. I would get the 08+ 4x4 coils from Fontana Nissan and put the Bilsteins on the second notch. It is what i am currently running, without a sway bar, and I am sitting at 39.5" all the way around.
ok thats what im probably gonna do.. Couple questions...

How can i get in contact with them?
How much are they?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
sorry to threadjack guys, i was wondering if you could post a pic up of your rig Mack207?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
yea dont get those, the 4x4 coils will be fine to get; and I noticed your in jasper, not that far away from Tally

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
sorry for the crappy pics. phone is all i have at work. On a slightly uneven surface too with about 200# of tools in the toolbox and cab.

Front fender just under 39.5

Rear just slightly over

Reactions: Dave Da Kyd

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice lookin truck! I was wondering, do you ever get any coilbucket contact offroad or over speed bumps?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
No CB contact. Adjusting the spring setting adds preload, not height to the strut like a spacer. It basically makes the spring stiffer, which raises the truck up. When I had a 2" leveling kit, however, i did have CB contact and i ground the CB down some. Its simple to do if you are replacing the struts anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No CB contact. Adjusting the spring setting adds preload, not height to the strut like a spacer. It basically makes the spring stiffer, which raises the truck up. When I had a 2" leveling kit, however, i did have CB contact and i ground the CB down some. Its simple to do if you are replacing the struts anyway.
so these pics are of the bilsteins and 08 coils?

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
yes. heres a before and after. This is on my old truck. it had the pro comp 6" lift, stock everything, and than 08 coils and bilsteins on the middle setting. They did settle a little after a few hundred miles...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bilsteins set on second notch with 08 4x4 coils. I need to get all my tools out and get a more accurate measurement, just dont have time.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Shop around for those 08+ 4X4 Coils..... while Fontana Nissan is good to the folks around here their prices can often be beat substantially. The Nissan part# for the 08+ 4X4 coils is 54010-ZR40A.

·
Registered
686 Posts
McCarthy Nissan has them for 74.42 per coil and FREE shipping. If you have never bought from them before you get a additional discount for making your first online purchase once you set up an online account, it's another 10% I believe. That should get the price of each coil to right at $67.00 and no shipping charge either.

·
Registered
365 Posts
you're T looks good man :)

sorry for the crappy pics. phone is all i have at work. On a slightly uneven surface too with about 200# of tools in the toolbox and cab.

Front fender just under 39.5

Rear just slightly over

Reactions: Mack207
1 - 18 of 18 Posts