Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering replacing my stock P4X wheels with aftermarket wheels - partially because I want a different offset (looking for a 0 to -12 offset). But I also thought about adding spacers to my stock wheels to give me the effective offset I’m looking for.

I’ve heard that spacers (with stock wheels) may not be safe or offer the same “performance” as replacing with aftermarket wheels...but this came from someone that wanted to sell me wheels. I have to admit that I like the look of the aftermarket wheels better but not sure I want to pay for the wheels.

Is it possible to get to a 0 or -12 offset by adding a spacer to the stock wheels? Are there any downsides to using spacers to get this offset (safety, etc.)?

My stock tires are about to wear out and I plan to move to something a bit more aggressive and add a 1-2” level in the front...in addition to adding spacers or replacing with aftermarket wheels. This is on a 2017 P4X CC.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have aftermarket 20" XD wheels and 35" tires with 1" spacer for offset needed. I have had zero issues with or caused by spacers ymmv.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I have 1.5" spacers on mine. They have worked out fine. Just make sure you check the lugs on them periodically.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A 1" spacer will give the stock pro-4x wheels a zero offset look. I have this on my truck and the sidewall sits flush with the fender. I had to remove my mudflaps and do a little trimming to the plastic wheel well as I would rub slightly while turning left at 3/4 turn.

I torqued the spacers to the hub an extra 10% over factory with blue thread lock. Then factory torqued the wheels to the spacers. No issues so far.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
552 Posts
I used spacers on autocross cars with no trouble. spacers are fine as long as you locktite the parts that need it, if you have those type of spacers and lug studs, or torque and check periodically as mentioned above

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm currently looking into new wheels with -12 or 0 offset. Only difference is that it is an 18x9" wheel. I will be pairing it up with 295/70/18s so I'm in a similar boat. Technically, with a -12 offset the whee/tire combo should be .5" farther out then stock.

I think.
So a one inch spacer should give you a 0 offset with 3.5" backspacing.

I think lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts