Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I am lifted and on 35 inch tires, my factory spare seems unsuitable for the job if the need arises. I should just sell it right?

Is anyone else running large tires without a spare?

I eventually want to get a tiregate with a full size spare...but that will have to wait.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I was for awhile, but when my I replaced my Terragrapplers, I took the best of the four and had one mounted on the cheapest rim I could find.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
If you do any offroading at all, buy the full-sized spare now and also buy a suitable jack that will work with your lifted truck. I promise you that full sized spare and hi-lift jack will be worth its weight in gold if you get a flat in the middle of the woods where a tow truck is not an option. But if your truck is a street queen, then just get roadside assistance and sit there like a stranded little girl and wait for them instead of changing your own tire if it goes flat.

Reactions: Mattastic13

·
Registered
784 Posts
i kept my original spare. not that much difference in size

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So now that I am lifted and on 35 inch tires, my factory spare seems unsuitable for the job if the need arises. I should just sell it right?

Is anyone else running large tires without a spare?

I eventually want to get a tiregate with a full size spare...but that will have to wait.
I have a 6 spoke OEM 18 painted to match with a 305/70 18 Procomp Xtreme M/T laying in my bed as my spare. If your interested I have another Procomp M/T (same as my spare) sitting in my garage used with probably 50-60% tread left for sale. $60 I'll get a pic posted this evening.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Just leave it. There is no reason to spend the money on a bigger spare that most likely never be used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts