Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, and don't know where else to turn!

I have a 2008 Nissan Titan and for the first time replaced my Spark plugs, just under 94k miles. The truck was running fine, but figured it was time. The job was very easy, almost too easy. The coil were fine, and the spark plugs looked fine when I pulled them out. Put the new ones in, the OEM spark plugs (expensive). After I was done, i cleaned my K&N air filter.

Turned the truck on, drove around, totally fine. Now, after driving for about an hour, and getting home, it starts to sputter down the street, and then the service engine soon light comes on... There is no way to misconnect the coils or anything, so I have no idea what to do! Or what the problem could be. I didn't gap them, since it says not too, but could there be a bad spark plug? Or something i missed? I don't want to keep driving it or cause more problems.

Again, never had a problem with my truck until now.... It has to be something with the spark plugs or the coils.

HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Either go back through and make sure all plugs are in correctly or get the code checked. Getting the code checked is the easiest and then it'll help point in the right direction.

Reactions: smash7717

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would go back over everything including each coil pack and un-plug and re-plug them in and anything else you disconnected. Also make sure you have each coil seated properly in the notch and go from there. Might be a simple mistake before going to have codes pulled

Reactions: smash7717

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try that tonight... My biggest issue is that the engine light doesn't stay on. It will sputter, and sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't.

Could it be possible that i may have bought a bad plug?

Like i said, I will go back through and check and recheck the coils and plugs.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I will try that tonight... My biggest issue is that the engine light doesn't stay on. It will sputter, and sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't.

Could it be possible that i may have bought a bad plug?

Like i said, I will go back through and check and recheck the coils and plugs.
I thought that the codes were stored until they were manual erased. If they are, then you should be able to manual pull any/all codes, look them up, and then see if they will aid you in troubleshooting the problem.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
How much oil is on that air filter? Too much will foul the mass airflow sensor. They sell a special cleaner the MAF. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check the plugs and coil packs (And the code) My I replaced the spark plugs on my Jeep and had a coil pack wiring harness not plugged in fully and had the same thing happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts