Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions on this
1) At what mileage should I replace plugs? I am currently at 90K

2) Is this something I can do myself? (I have basic tools and basic abilities) or take it
somewhere?

3) What brand/model plugs are best in your opinions?

·
Registered
893 Posts
1) Nissan recommends the OEM NGK plugs be replaced at 100K (or less).

2) Yes, it's a DIY project, although getting to the two plugs near the firewall can be tough. Check the DIY section on this.

3) Some prefer the original NGK Irridium plugs, but NGK has also recently introduced the new ruthenium-coated plugs (do a search for the thread I started on this for specific model #s ) designed for the VK.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You can do it yourself if you've got a socket wrench, some extensions, and a good (or a couple ok) swivel. Easiest way is to remove the front wheel and wheel well cover as it'll give you more space. You might have to remove the air intake. I can't remember since the last time I did it, and I'm about to replace mine as soon as I get a free day to work on it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
also, make sure those 8 little m6 bolts that hold down your ignition coils have lots of time with PB blaster on them. I snapped 4 getting mine out earlier this year. Had to drill and tap three of them....that was a lot less than fun.

I am pretty sure I removed the air intake, but I did all 8 from the front not the wheel wells.
Though to drill out the last one (I think its Cyl 8, closest to the driver) I waiting until I was doing the entire exhaust manifold (both sides, and the rest of the exhaust system) because it was WAY easier to get there from the side esp with the steering knuckle removed. Even with a right angle drill it was a pain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts