Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the available spark plugs on the market today; Splitfire, E3, Iridium, Platinum, Plutonium, whatever.... Does it really make a difference in the performance of the vehicle?:ftard:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Your best bet is to search all the old threads on this, and you'll see alot of different opinions. Me, I might try the e3 plugs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... already did a search. Most of the posts just seem to be opinions... What I want to know is, technically speaking are there really any great differences between the multiple spark plug options out there; are there any real benefits that one might have over another?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've been an auto tech for a few years now working on alot of cars and trucks, and for imports oem plugs are the best and most reliable you can get. That much is a fact. Unless you have a reasonable amount of "mods" then you dont really need a different plug. I'm just going to try the e3 to see if i get any increase in mpg. Any real difference in a stock vehicle will not be real noticeable i think. The only real way to tell is buy different plugs and try them, log the data and see for yourself.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I've been an auto tech for a few years now working on alot of cars and trucks, and for imports oem plugs are the best and most reliable you can get. That much is a fact. Unless you have a reasonable amount of "mods" then you dont really need a different plug. I'm just going to try the e3 to see if i get any increase in mpg. Any real difference in a stock vehicle will not be real noticeable i think. The only real way to tell is buy different plugs and try them, log the data and see for yourself.
I agree 100% and have for many years now...Just get the OE plugs, you don't have to buy them from Nissan, but get them...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been wanting to try those E3 Plugs out, but I may stick with OEM after reading this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts