Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know does a lift spindle contribute at all to how much travel a suspension is capable of or is it all about the ride height? I do understand that by pushing the tire farther away from the fender you have the option for more uptravel if the fenders are stock but if they were glass and open it seems like it wouldn't matter. Basically I want to do a midtravel or long travel setup on my truck. I want the travel but I really don't want it tall I like it to sit a little lower and i really don't want anything more then 33's. So I'm looking at my options for maximum travel, lowest stance. I do know the aftermarket spindles are much stronger, what about comparison cst, to camburg. The camburg kit is awesome looking but again. I don't want the truck so high not to mention its way pricey.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It will not change travel one bit, you are still running the same A-Arms and Struts. If you do Spindles, Arms and Coilovers you will change travel drastically.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Check out nickw619 he has a long travel set up on his truck and he's pullin some good travel. It sits pretty much at stock height i believe. he's got glass fenders, and pulled bedsides, i think he's on 35's. check it out....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I don't want the truck so high not to mention its way pricey.
You can run the stock spindle with a PRG mid travel kit, and even run the extended shocks with out adding a shock hoop(but of course lose a little travel) to keep the truck pretty much stock height...

I think a lower mid travel truck running glass and 35"s would give a cool "CORR" look....:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I do get that if you do spindle along with the other mods your obviously gaining travel and I'm not talking about only replacing the spindle. I'm talking about only replacing arms/shocks to avoid the extra height of the spindle and what am I cheating myself out of if I do that. I do like that white titan. Pretty close to what I'm thinking. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Lets see the 265R!!! Interested in a 265 Power Valve Cylinder from Hetrick Racing? circa ~ 2002

·
Registered
356 Posts
im currently running the camburg coilover/uca setup with some good preload on the coils so my truck sits pretty much level, maybe a tad higher in front. my rear suspension is stock height but im going to get some spindles so i can remove most of the preload which will soften the ride and give me alot more travel with my uca/coil buckets, and my ride height really wont change at all..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts