Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the OEM splash guards and found any missing holes in the body?

I had to drill a hole in the rear passenger side fender well to get that splashguard to install properly. There was an indentation where it looks like a hole should have been, but it wasn't even in the right spot for the splashguard.

I was a little miffed when i got the 3 other splash guards installed in less than 20 minutes and then found the missing hole for the last one. Ended up taking me an additional half hour to ensure the proper fit and look of the last one. At least they're on now. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I still don't have my RR mud guard on. There is a special insert that applies to the early Titans. You have to drill the hole. I had to order a screw because mine was painted and I can't get it out without screwing it up. You should look for the supplement in the instructions.

Tony

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sabre66 said:
Has anyone installed the OEM splash guards and found any missing holes in the body?

I had to drill a hole in the rear passenger side fender well to get that splashguard to install properly. There was an indentation where it looks like a hole should have been, but it wasn't even in the right spot for the splashguard.

I was a little miffed when i got the 3 other splash guards installed in less than 20 minutes and then found the missing hole for the last one. Ended up taking me an additional half hour to ensure the proper fit and look of the last one. At least they're on now. :)
You shouldn't have had to drill into the fender but rather the mud flap itself on rear passenger's side (there is a notched area that indicated where it would need to be drilled depending on the production date of your truck). I put them on and ended up taking them off as it made the truck look to low to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Splash Guards

I saw here that splash guards should not be installed on trucks built prior to 12/15/03

http://www.nissanparts247.com/en_US/

Don't know why. Was you truck built prior to 12/15? If so, that might be why you had to drill.

Splash Guards

Not recommended for vehicles built before 12/15/03.
Reduce dirt spray and help prevent nicks and scratches caused by road debris.
Contoured to match wheel openings, the black injection-molded plastic design complements all exterior colors.
Add value, style, and help protect your resale value.
Easy, no-drill installation

·
Registered
294 Posts
ylekiot1 said:
I saw here that splash guards should not be installed on trucks built prior to 12/15/03

http://www.nissanparts247.com/en_US/

Don't know why. Was you truck built prior to 12/15? If so, that might be why you had to drill.

Splash Guards

Not recommended for vehicles built before 12/15/03.
Reduce dirt spray and help prevent nicks and scratches caused by road debris.
Contoured to match wheel openings, the black injection-molded plastic design complements all exterior colors.
Add value, style, and help protect your resale value.
Easy, no-drill installation
They still work on prior date builds...mine was built in Nov.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way the RR splash guard was designed there is a notched area for the screw to go into. The hole was missing at the very edge of the fenderwell in the lower back corner of the truck. It wasn't that difficult to put a hole to make it fit, just aggravating after installing all the others without any problems.

There was another hole about 4 inches higher in the fenderwell edge and i probably could have just drilled into the plastic splash guard (instead of the truck) to connect it there, but i was worried that it would flop around due to the close location of the holes.

So far it seems to have worked out fine with the newly drilled hole. Nice tight fit. I was just wondering if others had the same problem. Thanx for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts