Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys all gettin them? im kinda new to the whole big truck game, been a car man all my life, help me clarify what their purpose is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine came with them also. At first I didn't like them as I thought it looked lame, but after thinking about rocks and debris hitting down the side of my truck, and whatever I tow behind it...it's probably worth keeping them on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Always had them and always make sure they are on the vehicle!

Reasons:
1. as stated the rocks and s### that gets thrown on the sides of the truck
2. If you are spraying the windshield of the car behind you, they cannot see your brake lights!
3. Keeps road debris from hitting boat

·
Registered
16 Posts
What about ground clearance?

Anybody have a problem with the splashguards hindering the trucks ground clearance? I was thinking about removing mine since they might be a problem when going off-road. I don't think they would last very long in rough terrain being hard plastic and might get broken off. Anybody have a problem with this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got em

Just got my mud/splash guards and put them on. I also was getting quite a bit of grime on my running boards with out them. I would prefer some type of stainless steel or chrome but ordered what was available.

Cya

Sam :coolsmile

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess they keep "some" dirt/rocks and stuff off the truck, but IMO they could be an inch wider, especially when you have the off-road package with the 285s. I noticed that the Titan sitting next to our Xterra - the Xterra's splash guards are wider, but came with a narrower tire.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used to go off road a lot. Now, I only take a couple of trips a year. What I have found is this, Mud flaps do a great job at keeping the goop (rocks included) off of your truck by comparison to a rig without them. The ones on the Titan are styled in a way that they don’t grab your attention pulling it away from the rest of the trucks great looks. That’s my opinion anyway. As far as ground clearance, I have only ripped off a mud flap once before on another truck and believe me, if your ripping mud flaps off your truck then your probably going to be damaging your rocker panel anyway. “Nurf” bars will minimize this damage as well as save your mud flaps. I think the bottom line is this… get the mud flaps. It’ll keep your Titan looking great for much longer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered mine after I bought the truck and just installed them the other day. It was a fairly easy process that took about 45 minutes to make sure I did it correctly.

In my opinion, I think the truck looks better without the guards though but it isn't too bad with them on either.

I wish I had put them immediately after I received them because they happen to be repainting the white lines on the streets near where I live and I happened to have some splash on the truck. I just used some gasoline to get the white paint off and then immediately washed the areas where I used the gasoline so as not to damage the truck's paint.

I paid $70 plus shipping from nissanpartspeople @ http://nissanpartspeople.com/SearchModelYear.asp?model=Titan&year=04. I am sure that Jamie from www.Titanparts247.com will match their price though. People have been having good experiences with him from what I have been reading.

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will sale mine cheap.

Hey, Mine came with them, I took them off. I just do not like them. I will sale mine for $25 + shipping from NW Arkansas.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i call dibs, if they fit my king cab w/out bed storage bin.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone notice that nissan doesnt offer the splashguard as an option on their website when you build a Titan. I wonder why that is?!

Nick

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
SamIam said:
Just got my mud/splash guards and put them on. I also was getting quite a bit of grime on my running boards with out them. I would prefer some type of stainless steel or chrome but ordered what was available.

Cya

Sam :coolsmile
You don't want metal splash guards. They are plastic because when you hit a pot hole or go off roading and they get rammed into the bottom of your truck, the plastic ones break off or get bent and metal ones would jam up into your metal fender and do some expensive body damage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks Pcicely,

I think what I meant was more of a rubber with chrome. More like a mud flap instead of a splash guard.

Cya

Sam :smoke:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone notice that nissan doesnt offer the splashguard as an option on their website when you build a Titan. I wonder why that is?!

Sure they do. Just go to the options when designing the Titan. It says splashguards $100. It has always been there. If I could figure out how to import a jpeg, I would post the pic for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts