Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe in letting people know when someone does a great job working on my truck in a day and age when bad news travels fast great news should travel just as fast! I came across this company called Bullet Liner, come to find out Bullet Liner was started by the same people who started Line X and in looking at the finished product vs price, Bullet has my vote! This stuff is awesome! If you're in the So Cal area and need your truck done I talked to the owner Tim he was helpful and straight forward. His number is 760 439 2969.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That is correct, however, the Burtin family has not owned LINE-X since 2005. Since that time, there's been significant advancements and product diversification within LINE-X; things actually got a lot better. So, while I'm sure Bullet is a good product (I've looked a the technical data sheets on their website), they don't quite (yet) have the product sophistication of LINE-X. One example is LINE-X Xtra which is a great product. Bullet doesn't have anything like it.

Bullet's main bedliner product is an aromatic (will fade) polyurethane/polyurea elastomer. That's good except it will lose it's gloss and fade over time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct, however, the Burtin family has not owned LINE-X since 2005. Since that time, there's been significant advancements and product diversification within LINE-X; things actually got a lot better. So, while I'm sure Bullet is a good product (I've looked a the technical data sheets on their website), they don't quite (yet) have the product sophistication of LINE-X. One example is LINE-X Xtra which is a great product. Bullet doesn't have anything like it.

Bullet's main bedliner product is an aromatic (will fade) polyurethane/polyurea elastomer. That's good except it will lose it's gloss and fade over time.
Regardless, Tim did a great job and I will recommend his shop to friends. I think Bullet will protect my truck just fine and when I'm in the market for a "sophisticated" over priced bed liner, I'll be sure to call Line x.....

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
A true Titan owner does his own bedlining!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think Bullet will protect my truck just fine and when I'm in the market for a "sophisticated" over priced bed liner, I'll be sure to call Line x.....
Most people don't mind paying more for the best. And, if you buy the best, you have less of a chance of being disappointed.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most people don't mind paying more for the best. And, if you buy the best, you have less of a chance of being disappointed.
So what you're saying my Bullet bedliner won't be as shiny as long as a Line x bed liner and I should have paid a lot more money for this? I have a small sample of both bedliners that each company gave me and in looking at them, bending them, smelling them and hitting them both with a 16 oz hammer on my garage floor there was NO difference. This whole thing started out just to say that Tim did a great job on my truck and wanted to tell a few people who might be looking for the same service. As a consumer, it really smells like you might be part of Line x. How would you know by looking at that the information on the Bullet website and make heads or tails of that unless you're a chemist? How would you know what's in the raw materials that make a difference? This is lame! Anyone who is reading this.......if you want (in my opinion) a great looking, durable bedliner call Tim, my Bullet Bedliner has the same lifetime warranty as Line x at a fraction of the cost........

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
So what you're saying my Bullet bedliner won't be as shiny as long as a Line x bed liner and I should have paid a lot more money for this? I have a small sample of both bedliners that each company gave me and in looking at them, bending them, smelling them and hitting them both with a 16 oz hammer on my garage floor there was NO difference. This whole thing started out just to say that Tim did a great job on my truck and wanted to tell a few people who might be looking for the same service. As a consumer, it really smells like you might be part of Line x. How would you know by looking at that the information on the Bullet website and make heads or tails of that unless you're a chemist? How would you know what's in the raw materials that make a difference? This is lame! Anyone who is reading this.......if you want (in my opinion) a great looking, durable bedliner call Tim, my Bullet Bedliner has the same lifetime warranty as Line x at a fraction of the cost........
Smells to me like you might be part of Bullet. Your first post is touting a product, do you even own a Titan? I've never used line x, have used Rhino lining in my old truck. Looking, bending, smelling and hitting with a hammer will tell you nothing of the longevity of an item, especially the fade resistance.

Reactions: bills1974

·
Premium Member
77,844 Posts
Some people on here are chemists. And some of them also know that if additives to the liner compound aren't uv blockers, it will fade.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What I'm saying is this: Both Bullet and standard LINE-X are good products. However, if you got standard Bullet, it's going to fade like all the other aromatic bedliners on the market. In order to get a non-fading bedliner, you need some sort of UV protection. Most LINE-X dealers (right now) are offering LINE-X Premium, which is an upgrade to a non-fading bedliner, for about $99. In addition, LINE-X has a better warranty which is a limited lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide.

Maybe you don't care about fading, but fading is the number one complaint of spray-on bedliners. So, in order to prevent this:

...you can get this. And, 5 years from now, it will still look just like this:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smells to me like you might be part of Bullet. Your first post is touting a product, do you even own a Titan? I've never used line x, have used Rhino lining in my old truck. Looking, bending, smelling and hitting with a hammer will tell you nothing of the longevity of an item, especially the fade resistance.
Some people on here are chemists. And some of them also know that if additives to the liner compound aren't uv blockers, it will fade.

HELLO!!! :hi:

My name is Josh. I am the Eastern sales rep for Bullet Liner Corporate. Which also means I work at Burtin Polymer Labs (Cartersville, GA)

I am not here to bash other companies. I am here to defend ours.

I have read alot on your forum about the differences between our product and a few of the other guys. We are very excited about Bullet Liner. It has and will continue to grow into a household name through marketing, customer service, and a superior product over our fellow brands. I welcome all questions, so fire away !!

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
36,597 Posts
HELLO!!! :hi:

My name is Josh. I am the Eastern sales rep for Bullet Liner Corporate. Which also means I work at Burtin Polymer Labs (Cartersville, GA)

I am not here to bash other companies. I am here to defend ours.

I have read alot on your forum about the differences between our product and a few of the other guys. We are very excited about Bullet Liner. It has and will continue to grow into a household name through marketing, customer service, and a superior product over our fellow brands. I welcome all questions, so fire away !!
Josh you are in violation of site Advertising rules:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/nissan-titan-news/10354-forum-rules-advertising-rules.html

1. Advertising from non supporting vendors is not allowed. Period. Do not post a link to your site, link to your business, contact information, pricing, etc. Do not attempt to pimp your wares on the forum.

The forum costs money to run, and until you contribute to the forums, you have no place in using it to promote your own business.

Your post has been moderated by removing your link to your business.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Josh you are in violation of site Advertising rules:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/nissan-titan-news/10354-forum-rules-advertising-rules.html

1. Advertising from non supporting vendors is not allowed. Period. Do not post a link to your site, link to your business, contact information, pricing, etc. Do not attempt to pimp your wares on the forum.

The forum costs money to run, and until you contribute to the forums, you have no place in using it to promote your own business.

Your post has been moderated by removing your link to your business.

Understood! Was not in any way trying to "PIMP".. :confused:

On another note, please send me a forum sponsorship package. I am well aware that websites cost money and wouldnt mind being a forum sponsor.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
On spray-lining complaints, fraudulent, fake truck owners who actually work for these Spray-lining vendors: Line-X spun off of Rhino Linings, see Spray Bed liner Competitors. Line-X's owner, Claudio Burtin sold Line-X several years ago. He then opened Bullet Liner. Both products are similar and some Line-X dealers became Bullet Liner dealers. Spray-Lining and Ultimate Lining manufacture these and all polyureas sold by bed liner vendors. "What brand is better or best" is blogged a lot by real customers with spray-on lining and fake writers. I am Kevin Root, Managing Director, North American zone 2 of Spray-Lining and Coating. What should be clarified is that while differences exist between bedliner brands, any polyurea hybrid in and of itself is a high quality coating. Differences can be seen in "hardness", i.e. more stiff vs more "flexible" or soft. Issues of elasticity, uv stability and tensile strength do matter but "who" applies it, how its applied, i.e. preparation of the surface and the literal "quantity" of poly / hybrid relate to quality much more than a brand name. So there should be no bashing here at all! I am pointing out that branding goes a long way to most of you. After time however most brands are duplicated, similar to you buying Ibuprofen vs Advil, cola vs Coke or gasoline at Best Buy vs Mobil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts