Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Never used it, heard good things about it though. I would imagine you don't want to use it on a really dirty vehicle.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Never have and never will. I imagine that's good if the vehicle is already clean, but I would not trust it to clean off the "road grime". If there's road grime, there's a lot more crap that is going to scratch the paint.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would never use that. Clearcoat can be easily scratched. The only true method to prevent clearcoat hair line scratches is to use water, and even then sometimes it still scratches.

·
Premium Member
22,369 Posts
I had some a buddy gave me to try out. The only thing I have ever used it on was my snowmobiles. I'd never even think about it on any vehicle.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Wouldn't use a waterless on my enemies Titan

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used something like it, and it was more trouble than it was worth. Over spray hides in the cracks and turns white. Outside temp has to be above 50 but not direct sunlight, or it dries too fast. Any wind is annoying. I went back to washing it by hand.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
i have some and i used it on an car a few years ago. If you run your hand down the car and it feels a bit rough, this stuff is great. I washed the car and then used this to smooth out the paint. it was like the car had a brand new paint job. and like mentioned before u cant use it in direct sun. I wouldnt use it as just a dry cleaner though, thats just asking to scratch your t.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Uh...no. Tried and trued water+soap...Occasionally buff and wax...you will be more satisfied in the end...What better way to spend the afternoon and a case of beer!

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
My T deserves more than that. I will wash it with soap and water.

·
Registered
839 Posts
My folks used to sell this stuff for years. They are more or less retired now...

It seemed to work just fine. Although I still go back to soap and water.

Dri Wash n Guard

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i have some and i used it on an car a few years ago. If you run your hand down the car and it feels a bit rough, this stuff is great. I washed the car and then used this to smooth out the paint. it was like the car had a brand new paint job. and like mentioned before u cant use it in direct sun. I wouldnt use it as just a dry cleaner though, thats just asking to scratch your t.
WHAT??? What are you talking about?
I had to read this 4 times just to see if I could make sense of this..... Smooth out the paint? Brand new paint job?

You would be better off washing with a bar of LAVA soap... Just sayin.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
it was a 10 year old car. the clear coat gets grainy feeling. This stuff was like a waxjob without the work. I used a special "sponge" thing groits sells which may have helped too.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
it was a 10 year old car. the clear coat gets grainy feeling. This stuff was like a waxjob without the work. I used a special "sponge" thing groits sells which may have helped too.
lol I believe you're mistaking this with a clay bar kit.

Clay bar kits take grime out of the pore's of the paint after you've initially washed it.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
^^^oh. i think that is what i used. I did this 4 years ago so its been awhile.

·
Registered
236 Posts
clay bars are AWESOME! Everyone should clay bar before a wax. It makes a helluva difference!

Reactions: JDos1

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
clay bars are AWESOME! Everyone should clay bar before a wax. It makes a helluva difference!
It's the only way to get your paint looking like it just came off the show room floor.....also the only way to get off spray paint overspray.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
The Terminator
163 Posts
There are a lot of decent waterless washes now. Optimum, Ultima, etc all make pretty good ones. I'd stay away from stuff that you can buy at Walmart but the boutique stuff is okay.

·
The Terminator
163 Posts
There are a lot of decent waterless washes now. Optimum, Ultima, etc all make pretty good ones. I'd stay away from stuff that you can buy at Walmart but the boutique stuff is okay.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts