Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about spraying my chrome bumper with the duplicolor black chrome kit. i experimented this week with spraying some emblems with it and it actually came out good and so far it seems pretty strong. i tried scratching it with my finger nail and it didnt come off. what do you guys think? should i do it?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Do it! It is durable stuff. I have all of my emblems painted with it and anything else that was chrome.. I have washed my truck several times and went through the car wash several times and its holding up great. It will look great imo. One of my favorite diy mods i have done so far. The chameleon effect is cool looking.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/detailing-truck-care/119371-got-some-work-do.html

·
Registered
792 Posts
I saw this too and was thinking about doing my bumpers and emblems with it... do it and post up some pictures!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it looks like i got some work to do lol. ill try and do it next weekend when i have some time and post up some pics

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
havent done the bumper yet. ive been busy so i havent had time to pull it off yet. i have done the emblems with it and its pretty tough stuff. i had to redo on the got flipped over. it only had one maybe 2 coats of clear on it when i sanded it back down with a red scotch bright pad just to see how it would hold up to some abuse and it was pretty had to sand so it seems like its going to hold up on the bumper. oh and i didnt sand the chrome on the emblems at all just to see if it would really stick. so far so good. hopefully i will have time to pull the bumper off and spray it soon. here is a sh**ty pic of the emblems after they dried

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
In the pic it just kinda looks glossy black... Can you still see chrome at all? or would it just be cheaper to buy a can of gloss black and go that route?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wanted them black. i sprayed one with a few light coats and it looked blotchy but a few coats of clear helped it but still looked blotchy. it kinda looked like the smoke color on the Ts. the more coats you put on it the darker it will be. i wanted to try this because it was designed to stick to chome so i wanted to see how it would work with no sanding. im sure you could use some gloss black paint with some sanding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts