Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well TT I just got my 22's and took about a hour and a half and installed them in the driveway. Let me know what you think, I originally posted the wheel pic in the "Should I?" thread...take a gander.

Oh yeah I included a couple of pics of the wife's Explorer. I got her wheels last year. They are 20's...

Plus I haven't installed the billet grille on the Titan yet, I will have it on this Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha-Ha, yeah she wants one too, but the Explorer is about paid off and she doesn't want another car payment. I told I would pay for it, but hey it all comes from the same pot anyways, so she didn't go for it. Maybe once we leave Alaska next year.

Thanks...

Jay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those look great. Just enough space between the wheels and the wells. I have been debating on 20's or 22's; you just made my mind for me, 22's all the way.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...the wheels have been on about a week. Love them, just need to level out the back, the rake is a bit too much. Also, guys Tire Rack is great, I order my wheels with the sensors installed and I guess they come already on the frequency for Titans so I didn't have to go to the dealership to have the TPMS reset or anything. Smooth install....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wheels look great man!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
looks a little low to me to be a 4x4. running 22's, needs to be a 2wd. im sure im in the minority. it does look nice but a waste of a 4x4, imho.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understood, but I am in Alaska, there is no such thing as a wasted 4x4, with the steep grades and snow, etc, I would say 90% of the cars and trucks here are 4x4 or AWD. In most cases, you would be hard pressed to find many vehicles, especially trucks at the dealership that are 4x2, because they just don't sell. You will find FWD cars, but AWD is the most popular.

Thanks for the comments...

·
Registered
16 Posts
FreezyTitan said:
Thanks...the wheels have been on about a week. Love them, just need to level out the back, the rake is a bit too much. Also, guys Tire Rack is great, I order my wheels with the sensors installed and I guess they come already on the frequency for Titans so I didn't have to go to the dealership to have the TPMS reset or anything. Smooth install....

Can someone explain this?

Baddass wheels BTW.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tire size is 305/45R22's just enough sidewall but not too much that it takes the low profile appearance away.

In reference to the dealer TPMS reset, I elected not to remove the stock sensors and install them into the new wheels. As a result, I was told that when I bought aftermarket sensors for the aftermarket wheels I would have to go by the dealership to have the trucks computer programmed to receive the aftermarket tpms sensor signal.

However, it turned out not to be the case. As the sensors installed in the wheels my tirerack when they mounted them was already preset to the Titan's sensor frequency. Therefore I never got the TPMS light and the systems works as stock, I believe the invoive stated the Titan's TPMS frequency was 315 MHZ or something close to that...can't exactly remember.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
16 Posts
FreezyTitan said:
Tire size is 305/45R22's just enough sidewall but not too much that it takes the low profile appearance away.

In reference to the dealer TPMS reset, I elected not to remove the stock sensors and install them into the new wheels. As a result, I was told that when I bought aftermarket sensors for the aftermarket wheels I would have to go by the dealership to have the trucks computer programmed to receive the aftermarket tpms sensor signal.

However, it turned out not to be the case. As the sensors installed in the wheels my tirerack when they mounted them was already preset to the Titan's sensor frequency. Therefore I never got the TPMS light and the systems works as stock, I believe the invoive stated the Titan's TPMS frequency was 315 MHZ or something close to that...can't exactly remember.

Hope that helps...

That helps a lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those look great!
Thanks to you guys, I have always had good service with you all and this set came as promised and I was relieved not to have to pay the dealer $135, which was what they quoted me to recalibrate the aftermarket sensors to the truck's tpms system. :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts